For all those with steeda sport or ultralites

poov69

Aug 16, 2009
How much did your car settle after a while? With your experience using these, did you find it necessary to upgrade strut mounts? Is this a simple install? Any special instructions? All other spring setups can chime in too. Thank you all.

Poov

• Sponsors (?)

the install is as difficult, or as easy, as installing any other spring. You can get spring compressors from autozone for free. That is the only special tool required. I think it took me about 4 hours for the front, and three hours for the rear. Then again, I was doing a bit more than springs, but its about the same amount of work to install springs and damper and sways as it is to install just springs.

I would recommend new/better strut mounts. I did not get any, but my stock strut mounts came apart during the install and I had to rebuild them. They are not the best....

Rears take about 20-25 minutes per side. Fronts took about 45 minutes per side. They will ultimately settle to about a 1'' drop. I like the look of just the rear lowered 1''. I reinstalled the stock fronts. Roush will sell just the rears for a 1'' drop.

I have the ultralights with the non-adjustable dampers. Took awhile (but I was also doing the anti-sway bars). I found it to be straight forward - un-bolt and re-bolt. I did not find that I needed new strut mounts or chamber bolts.