Forged internals

Jizabel

Feb 3, 2007
N. Florida
Well, i taking the big jump. I been window shopping looking at Livernios, VT, Boss330. I want the Strker 5.0 rolling assembly. Anyone here done this yet??? If any advice would be sweeet. I leaning toward Livernois, but Boss330 is like 3 hr from my house. I'll do the assembly with help of a friend. Im putting down 460rwhp/400rwtq with stack internals now, what can i exspect with the rebuild? Does Vortech offer smaller pullies?

Thx in advance -Ken-

• Sponsors (?)

No experience with the motor combo, but I am very impressed w/ Livernois Motorsports. Their customer service is damn good... they helped me with a problem I posted on the net, with out me actually looking to contact them for it. I've heard nothing but good about their products, as well.

Boss 330 (Al Papitto) is bar none top notch! The only 2 other shops I would consider if Al didn't exist would be VT or MP. Al has built my 3 valve motor and so far I've been at 650rwhp on 93 octane and 800rwhp on C16 race fuel. The limiting factor right now is the injectors (60#).
Al is a very nice guy and could get a lot more for his motors than he does. His prices are very reasonable and on target for the industry. It's not assembly line work either. He'll spend a few days working on a few sets of heads and then a few days cleaning up blocks, then a few days assembling shortblocks, and a few days assembling long blocks. A lot of the NMRA racers use his motors. He'll build it to your desires or budget.
The key thing with any builder you talk too is knowing what your goals are. If you aren't sure what power level or power adder you're going with, it makes it hard for the builder to know what components to use.

As far as going to a smaller pulley with a Vortech....I know a guy that kept tearing tensioners off. I know another guy making 700ish rwhp with a Vortech and nitrous. Not sure what pulley he's using though.

No experience with the motor combo, but I am very impressed w/ Livernois Motorsports. Their customer service is damn good... they helped me with a problem I posted on the net, with out me actually looking to contact them for it. I've heard nothing but good about their products, as well.

I've never dealt with them personally, but I've heard mixed reviews. I know guys that have had worked 3v heads from them. Some were w/o issue while other's had issues. The end result was the Livernois stepped up appropriately and took care of things. As far as long blocks...I've heard some horror stories too. Again, I'm not bashing. I just have heard both sides from people that have used them.

Thx for the input, I'd love to use Al, Ive called and never get to talk to anyone just a machine, left messages and no reply. He must be super busy. Im hoping he can build me a motor and take mine as core, hate having my daily driver done for God nows how long....