Fox Foxbody quarter window

jake90lx

Nov 30, 2018
Brockport Ny
Hey, my left quarter window recently cracked, and i cannot find a replacement that says mustang on the side. I went on ebay and all the ones i could find had bad rubber molding. Does anybody know where i can find one?

• Sponsors (?)

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
Most all you find used will have rubber in bad shape, I have a couple spares, they are reproduced, but they do not have the mustang lettering, I'm sure someone has attempted to restore them but couldn't find anything.

BlakeusMaximus

Mustang Master
Jul 12, 2017
The reproduction glasses won’t have the mustang lettering in it. There are “mustang” stickers you can buy online that mimic the factory glass.

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
The reproduction glasses won’t have the mustang lettering in it. There are “mustang” stickers you can buy online that mimic the factory glass.
This. If you want new, aftermarket windows won't have the mustang wording. Some guys have made stickers to put on the window to mimic it, but I don't have a source.

Or you can do one of two other things.

Pay $500+ for a factory NOS window in mint condition

or restore a set of windows by way of fill/sanding the moldings and painting in trim black.

My opinion. As much as an odd feature the wording in the window is for any car, an 87-93 needs to have it.

jake90lx

Nov 30, 2018
Brockport Ny
This. If you want new, aftermarket windows won't have the mustang wording. Some guys have made stickers to put on the window to mimic it, but I don't have a source.

Or you can do one of two other things.

Pay $500+ for a factory NOS window in mint condition

or restore a set of windows by way of fill/sanding the moldings and painting in trim black.

My opinion. As much as an odd feature the wording in the window is for any car, an 87-93 needs to have it.
I found 1 set of nos windows on ebay, they were 2000 for both windows. Why cant somebody make them with the mustang lettering on it

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
5 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Wichita Falls, TX
Scott Drake should take the opportunity to break into late model parts.

Nov 30, 2018
Brockport Ny
Jan 5, 2009
SE Michigan
I have heard guys if you find the right glass guy find them through a old Carlite warehouse.
I redid my set on my car the lasted 7-8 years but are starting to bubble and a couple of fine cracks. I have been keeping a eye out for a second set and finally found a set on Facebook market a month or 2 ago. Turned around and sent them to Teamvisionz for refinish. They are not fast but the price is reasonable enough. I have not seen there quality in person but I have not seen any complaints.

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Where's a good how-to on restoring these? I have a set to try but I have questions on what sort of supplies I should use to build up the rubber in between sanding?

Jan 5, 2009
SE Michigan
I used there plastic filler had them mix me up 2 cans of paint and I had them match it to the color of electrical tape. Unfortunately I ran out of paint and used a semi gloss paint that I had sitting around from John Deere as the top coat.

http://www.parasolinc.com