Foxes vs. 94-95's

Alright this maybe a stupid question, but I just got done watching a few racing videos and all i ever see are 5.0 foxes, even at local drag strips, and there usually dominating whatever it is that they are racing. My question, why is that I never see 94-95's anywhere, never in videos, never at the track, we have the 5.0 too. I know are cars sell for a little more and are like 200 or so pounds heavier, but they made lots of Sn95 5.0's why arent there more at the tracks? Maybe a dumb question I dunno :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

So you guys think in maybe 10 years when our cars will be as old as the foxes are now, that people will be less reluctant to use 94-95's as drag cars? Cuz i see alllooot of run down 94-95 mustangs right now, imagine in 10 years

It all comes down to expenses in my opinion. A buddy and myself both bought 5.0's within a fairly close time span. He bought an '88 LX 5.0 with 78,000 miles and I bought a '94 GT 5.0. He paid $2,800 and I paid $8,000. Both cars were in great shape, but the perks of the 94+ cars make them much more expensive. Everything from 4 wheel ABS disc brakes to nicer interior design to better body lines makes their price tags heftier. On the flip side, that left my buddy with $5,200 worth of mods before he caught up to my level of spending. His was faster than mine STOCK... let alone after he added full BASSANI exhaust, a Kenne Bell, and all the bolt ons... still for cheaper than I had a '94 stock AOD-E GT. (I am still slightly bitter.. haha) That my friend is why people buy fox bodies, and I suppose the weight thing makes a difference too.

Agreed. Grady's numbers idea is right on.
The fox also has more underhood room and more interior room, both of which can be nice. No ABS, often no air bags, simpler puter, boatloads of parts, etc etc.

An interesting dynamic (dont know how universal it is) is that the 96-97 mod motor cars sell for less here than the 5N95's.

fox racer said:
i always thought that was tru bc those cars are DOGS and need some serious dough to get movin, unlike foxes, and 95 gts to say the least.

Whoa whoa whoa....dont talk down to them like we are THAT much farther ahead stock:D Yea our cars my be funner cause of the different powerband...but still...both cars we dogs when stock.

I do agree that our cars are probably easier to get goin fast. But i dont know much about the 4.6's and mods...so i cant honestly say for sure or not.

nmcgrawj said:
Whoa whoa whoa....dont talk down to them like we are THAT much farther ahead stock:D Yea our cars my be funner cause of the different powerband...but still...both cars we dogs when stock.

I do agree that our cars are probably easier to get goin fast. But i dont know much about the 4.6's and mods...so i cant honestly say for sure or not.

What is the prob here Nate :shrug:

It is true ... Is it not ..............

The first few years, mod motored Stangs were pretty bad.

How is that any different from these facts

Stock AODE Stangs are down in 1/4 times from Stock stick Stangs

Stock 94-95 Stangs are down in 1/4 times from Stock Fox Stangs

Things are ...... what they are

Grady

final5-0 said:
What is the prob here Nate :shrug:

It is true ... Is it not ..............

The first few years, mod motored Stangs were pretty bad.

How is that any different from these facts

Stock AODE Stangs are down in 1/4 times from Stock stick Stangs

Stock 94-95 Stangs are down in 1/4 times from Stock Fox Stangs

Things are ...... what they are

Grady

There is no problem. I wasnt trying to change any facts...just that yea, 96-98's were slower...but by how much? 94-95's can run what, high 14s to low 15's stock depending on the car/driver right? Where do 96-98's come in at?

I guess my point was just that we arent fast enough to say that their car is a dog. I could see if we all had LS1s....then our car and their car would be a dog stock. I guess i just didnt understand the trash talking...to trash talk ya gotta be better...and i just dont see that when stock.:shrug:

nmcgrawj said:
There is no problem. I wasnt trying to change any facts...just that yea, 96-98's were slower...but by how much? 94-95's can run what, high 14s to low 15's stock depending on the car/driver right? Where do 96-98's come in at?

I guess my point was just that we arent fast enough to say that their car is a dog. I could see if we all had LS1s....then our car and their car would be a dog stock. I guess i just didnt understand the trash talking...to trash talk ya gotta be better...and i just dont see that when stock.:shrug:

your right, somewhat. all stock cars can be considered dogs (stangs mostly, especially stock geared AODs). but the 96-98's were not only the slowest mod motors, but they are SERIOUSLY restricted untill you at least swap the non PI heads and intake (96-98) with the PI heads and intake (99-04). thats why i called them dogs.

Plus, we all kno (especially in this part of the forums) that the Fox Body is teh winnn!!!!!1!!!!!11!!! lol :D

Wow .... we got way off topic here.

FWIW, my friend's car is a NON-PI headed GT ..... he runs mid 7's in the 1/8 mile. Naturally aspirated. :D

andy01.jpg

I'm sorry if my post was what got us off track. My point in my first point was simply that it seems to me that people might recognize the 5N95 niche a little bit more these days and desire our [two years] more than a newer version [first mod motor cars].
Not really unlike how I would take an 03-04 cobra over an S197 any-day any-time (not a power or any other comparison, other than I would take the older car over the newer one).