Fresh 275/40/17 rubbers.. now i got questions!

r_suh

Jun 22, 2005
I recently purchased some 275/40/17 inch rubbers and had some questions before i install them. I have stock tribars on my gt and was curious if its possible to run the rubbers on them. They are Yokohama ES 100's.

• Sponsors (?)

might just go ahead and mount them 275 yoko's on my tribars. i've been told that the tire is recommended for a 9 1/2 inch wheel. any disadvantages of running a wide tire on a smaller diameter rim?

r_suh said:
might just go ahead and mount them 275 yoko's on my tribars. i've been told that the tire is recommended for a 9 1/2 inch wheel. any disadvantages of running a wide tire on a smaller diameter rim?

i think the sidewalls might roll more, but dont take my word on it

r_suh said:
I recently purchased some 275/40/17 inch rubbers and had some questions before i install them. I have stock tribars on my gt and was curious if its possible to run the rubbers on them. They are Yokohama ES 100's.

I ran that EXACT size on my tribars before my new rims. They bulged, but fit, and I still liked them..I did NOT regret it.

DJice: I used THAT size on the front...naturally, they fit better than the 275's.. They seem to be the best "natural" look on the tri's.
RC