Front suspension question

Jeffyh

May 7, 2004
I have a MM tubular K-member on my '94 GT. I bought and installed it for $500 total. I did it cause my stock one was bent from an accident and so that my MAC long tubes wouldn't rub. However I kept the stock A-arms.

Everytime that I hit the brakes hard, I hear a loud noise up front and feel like something's moving. Could that be due to the stock A-arms on the tubular K-member?

• Sponsors (?)

I would definitely check the bolts that hold the k-member to the car to make sure they haven't loosened up. It would be very bad if that were to come loose, or worse, just come off. :eek:

It shouldn´t be an issue of the stock control arms unless they have wore out bushings or something like that. The sheer fact that they´re stock wouldn´t affect anything. I´m assuming that you´re using good cc plates though right? With a spherical upper bearing? Double check to make sure it´s nice and tight as it can easily cause that sound.

I apologize for any messed up formatting. I´m typing on a Spanish keyboard and things aren´t all where they normally are...