FRPP header fit???

StangGuy1133

Oct 24, 2003
Michigan
Hi gang. Need some insight from the Stangnet public. My MRT H-pipe bolted right up to the stock exhaust manifolds without any problems. :banana:

I installed the ceramic-coated FRPP shorties on my Bullitt earlier this month. However, when I installed the MRT H-pipe again, I noticed that the driver's side catalyst housing was almost touching the floorpan. Now that I've driven the car for about 125 miles, I've noticed the driver's side catalyst housing actually contacts the floor pan under hard accelerations or high-rpm revving. :nono:

Has anyone else come across this with their shorty headers and mid-pipe (FRPP or otherwise)?? :shrug: If so, what was your cure?

I'm going to talk to the FRPP tech line tomorrow, but thought I'd get some words from the general public that will give me honest, direct feedback. MRT seems to think it's the FRPP header and not their H-pipe. That may be, but I'm NOT enthused about having to potentially drop the K-member a second time to replace a faulty header... :bang:

• Sponsors (?)