Fuel System Advice

Im still having issues with the car dying out at times right after starting, i replaced the fuel filter with no luck, i was told to have a fuel pressure check done and could not bc my fuel rails dont have a schrader valve to bleed or check pressures with. Currently the car has KNN CAI and O/R X-pipe and Bassani Exhaust.
Parts ordered and on the way are SCT x3 tuner, 75mm accufab plenum and throttle body, 4.10's, and NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, so i was wondering would it be wise to go ahead and replace the fuel rails with BBK high flow aluminum rails and Ford Racing EV6 30lb injectors or is it too soon for that? Again thanks for all the help and advice!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Start out by cleaning the MAF and IAC. You can buy MAF cleaner at an auto parts store and it comes with good directions on how to clean the MAF. As far as the IAC is concerned, follow these steps:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/cleaning-your-iac.html

Start with the basics and work you way up. No need to get drastic and replace your fuel rails (although I highly doubt your rails are to blame). Would you mind posting pics of your current fuel rails? Also, if you have a recording camera or camcorder, a video of the issue would help the troubleshooting process.

will try to get a video whenever it decides to do it again

Attachments

• fuel rail 2.jpg
    fuel rail 2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 117
  • fuel rail.jpg
    fuel rail.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 131
Im still having issues with the car dying out at times right after starting, i replaced the fuel filter with no luck, i was told to have a fuel pressure check done and could not bc my fuel rails dont have a schrader valve to bleed or check pressures with. Currently the car has KNN CAI and O/R X-pipe and Bassani Exhaust.
Parts ordered and on the way are SCT x3 tuner, 75mm accufab plenum and throttle body, 4.10's, and NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, so i was wondering would it be wise to go ahead and replace the fuel rails with BBK high flow aluminum rails and Ford Racing EV6 30lb injectors or is it too soon for that? Again thanks for all the help and advice!!!

No.

Correct. You don't need high-flow rails nor do you need larger injectors. FWIW, I've got a Kenne Bell at 9psi and am running the stock fuel rails.

Your post-start stalling issue is in all likelihood not in any way, shape or form related to rails or injectors.

ive replaced the fuel filter, clean the iac and maf and it hast done it today but if the problem persists any other ideas?

ok so i have been getting a strong odor of fuel lately and i only drive on base really and the max i go is 30mph throughout the week i have went 36.7 miles and have burned over half of a tank and sometimes i have smoke coming from the exhaust not always just sometimes if that helps any, i have an appointment monday with ford to do a fuel system diagnostic.