FYI: IDIDIT tilt for original wheel (Ford spline)

Just wanted to let everyone know that while talking to IDIDIT on the phone about tilt columns, they mentioned that they will release a new tilt column that works with the original wheels. I have a 1966 and am eagerly waiting for this to come out, but I dont know how many years this will cover.

Here is what I found out:
Uses Ford spline to fit original wheels.
Fits Lecarra adapters made for stock columns
Will have turn-signal & tilt levers more suited for Mustang styling
Should have wiring that plugs directly into original harness
Tube near tilt area will either be smaller diameter, or will neck down at the wheel

I do not know the price or if it will be collapsible.

Also,
Global West will soon be carrying Unisteer Rack & Pinions. They're partnering up for kits.

• Sponsors (?)

UPDATE:

attachment.php

I don't see it on their website yet, they don't have a search function so I couldn't put the part # in. It doesn't state that it's collapseable on the ad or how many levels (8?) of tilt it has.
Wonder how the price is going to compare to the previous version.

From the ad it sounds like all you need is the addtl. rag joint pieces which is great and the fact that it uses the stock upper mount and comes with the lower mount (all this is extra with FR last I checked and added $$ to the cost).
I really like the fact that it has ford specific spline and wiring harness.
This looks like a great alternative and I'll consider it in the future to replace my '69 nontilt I'm putting in to get collapseable vs. my '67 spear.
Jon

I was about to respond that it doesn't look collapsible, but there does seem to be a change in the shaft toward the bottom as with other ididit collapsible columns.

I'd be very interested in this especially in combination with the Borgeson box announced another thread.

Too bad I just got done replacing the control valve and long shaft box on mine. D'Oh.