Gas going up to $4.00+!? (Katrina)

ROLLIN5.0

Nov 19, 2004
Tulsa, OK
The mayor of New Orleans was just on MSNBC. He said that 25% of the US oil supply comes through there, and that they are the only port capable of unloading supertankers. Everyone is being evacuated (both sides of all highways only running North, and East only). If you stay, you must be on the third floor or higher. Even the Red Cross is leaving the city. They are expecting 25 ft. flood waters. It will take up to three weeks to pump all the water out of the city, and during that time, the port will have to be closed. He said that he wouldn't be surprised if gas went up a couple bucks a gallon, and that the effects will be immediate. Did anyone else see that show a while back where it predicted this exact thing? It was called Oil something on like Discovery channel. On it, gas got up to like $6.00. I'm filling everything I have, including all my gas cans today.
Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

I saw that show and it was called "Oil Storm" and it was on FX. I've been telling my friends and family about that show and how closely it resembles what is happening right now. In it gas did in deed get up to crazy amounts and the US economy just about collapsed due to it.

Killercanary said:
I saw that show and it was called "Oil Storm" and it was on FX. I've been telling my friends and family about that show and how closely it resembles what is happening right now. In it gas did in deed get up to crazy amounts and the US economy just about collapsed due to it.

I remebering seeing the previews for that. I was thinking :bs: for sure, like that will ever happen. It is starting to look like it now though. :nonono:

SeventyMach1 said:
[Exerpt From Future 94-95 Tech Forum]

"Does anyone know how to convert a stationary bicycle to actually work? :shrug: It's all I got."

That's great stuff! Very funny.
Brandon
edit: crude hit $70 a barrel in the Asian market, but by the time the European market closed today it was back to $68.85. Still retarted, but not $2.00 more a gallon. We'll have to see what happens when people can get in to see the damage.

Not AS bad
(Oklahoma City, OK) -- Hurricane Katrina will most likely impact the price of gasoline in the U.S. Dennis O'Brien, the director of the Institute of Energy Economics and Policy at the University of Oklahoma, says he expects the price of gas to climb 30 to 40-cents in the coming days and he predicts the price of crude oil could top 80-dollars a barrel. He cites the refining stations that will be down due to Katrina and, of course, the ocean rigs that are offline.
Brandon