gear swap

• Sponsors (?)

I got the entire Richmond kit that comes with everything needed to swap gears plus wheel bearings ($120) , and also a Traction lock rebuild kit ($50). If you do a lot of drag racing or have a lot of power now is a good time to replace the Ford traction lock with an Auburn unit ($$$).

Fox Saleen 163 said:
Um, don't you have to run standard differential oil with new gears for the break in period? I know it's that way for engines and distributor gears.

your correct, I frogot about that, and to think I was just thinking today that I need to get my "break in" fluid changed come spring

stang_racer69 said:
your correct, I frogot about that, and to think I was just thinking today that I need to get my "break in" fluid changed come spring

Me too... just at about 3,000Km's on my rebuild.

Did a gear swap and all that jazz just last year and it was well worth my $750.00 CDN (incl. Labour) to do all those bearings, etc while I was in there, wouldn't change a thing if I had to do it again.

What do you need a speedo for if you don't do the speed limit. The speedo gear was the least of my worries, mine is still incorrect. I know how fast I'm going, fast enough to get a ticket no matter if the speedo is right or wrong.

man you said it. My speedo doesnt even work, but i'm replacing it so at least it's not a dead gauge in my car.