Geting Butt Kicked By Z28!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging from the complete disregard for proper sentence structure and the complete idiocy that spews from his mouth, this guy is most likely some young clueless kid.....at least I hope so. He's owned "many different Camaro's", a vette, AND has a Cobra? LOL! This guy really has no idea WTF he's talking about.

Actuly I'm 29 and have no reason to lie who cars about sentince structure this is why debates never end everything is a matter of opinion when your done fighting about one thing pick something else to fight about. I have a two car garage with my vette and cobra sitting right next to each other and the camaro is in storage. unfortunately the cobra has a blown engine. All I said was it's cheaper and safer to buy a newer car than pump a ton of money into a car to gain extra hp and potentially blow the engine.

• Sponsors (?)

By your logic only thing that makes a car fast is power it's pretty pathetic that a ls1 only goes 13.2 with 80 rear wheel horsepower more then a 13.50 281 with 215 at the tire and a 4.10 gear, so you pretty much just told me ls1 is a poor excuse of a motor and like they say not even the ls1 could save the camaro...

So at the end of the day even with the ls1 being faster it's still to you a poor excuse of an engine. I have never Seen any gt run lower then a 14 with no mods but your going to now try and argue that the 4.6 runs mid 13's. This is going to be a never ending debate. And even adding 4:10s to a mustang gt would never shave .5 seconds off of any track time I don't care who you are, never going to happen

So at the end of the day even with the ls1 being faster it's still to you a poor excuse of an engine. I have never Seen any gt run lower then a 14 with no mods but your going to now try and argue that the 4.6 runs mid 13's. This is going to be a never ending debate. And even adding 4:10s to a mustang gt would never shave .5 seconds off of any track time I don't care who you are, never going to happen
My first time ever at a track I ran a 14.2 bone stock with stock tires. Taking off easy and spinning second hard! I know for a FACT that with more practice I could of got her well into the 13's! You do realize that 90 percent of cabbies you see and older police cars are using our crappy like 4.6 engine right? They wouldn't be using this engine if it wasn't reliable and couldn't take tons of abuse! If you did some research you can see plenty of people throwing a 150 shot in the little 2v and running 7.1-7.2, 1/8 miles times over and over with no problems. People running Turbos pushing 500 to the wheels with stock tranny and bottom. These are very stout motors and do not get enough credit.

*So at the end of the day even with the ls1 being faster it's still to you a poor excuse of an engine* An LS1 is an amazing engine! We all agree with you that they are faster than our 2v 4.6 cars. What we are trying to say is that even though we are down a whole 1 litre and we have a smaller motor our cars do relatively well with minor mods. Full exhaust, cams and we can come close to a LS1 car. Trickflow makes a great top end kit that really opens up the 2v on motor. Almost like talking about little Honda 4 cylinder engines. Stock they are slow as balls but with proper tuning, modifications and weight they can be made to really MOVE and compete with larger motor cars.

You guys are crazy, you're all saying the same thing but arguing about who says it best lol. And I think some people are forgetting that its not just about hp, you can have a 600hp or a 400hp car run low 11s difference being weight and traction. A 0 to 60 race isn't really a race and the c5 probably didn't realize you were racing him. 03 cobra for 10g, check is signed!

You guys are crazy, you're all saying the same thing but arguing about who says it best lol. And I think some people are forgetting that its not just about hp, you can have a 600hp or a 400hp car run low 11s difference being weight and traction. A 0 to 60 race isn't really a race and the c5 probably didn't realize you were racing him. 03 cobra for 10g, check is signed!
Great way to put it LOL

Ive seen 03 cobras that hceap but lets face it at that price yes its gonna need work. I chose an 03 cobra as an example because its the go to car in mustang debates. But the basic premis is there Sell a slower car for what its worth and take the money you would spend modding to buy a faster newer car is a better route than dumping money into the original car and possibly blowing somthing up. Thats how this started.

Great way to put it LOL

Ive seen 03 cobras that hceap but lets face it at that price yes its gonna need work. I chose an 03 cobra as an example because its the go to car in mustang debates. But the basic premis is there Sell a slower car for what its worth and take the money you would spend modding to buy a faster newer car is a better route than dumping money into the original car and possibly blowing somthing up. Thats how this started.
Tell that to the Honda guys dumping 10k into a little civic that blows the door off LS1s. You can take a car that is paid off. Put 10-15k into it and walk all over a 2011+ Cars! Sure the newer car would be more refined and is much more capable in stock form. It is all preference.

Very true and I love ripping a cr apart and dumping my money into them as well. Ive probablly dumped more than that into my vette. Unfortunatly its and addiction. My advice was to stay clear of it espcialy if your not mechanicly inclined. Fortunatly I have my own shop in my back yard I can do these thing on the cheap. But someone who doesnt have and Idea how to even use a wrench. It would cost them $800 to buy headers and have a shop put them in. Where a guy who has the means and know how to do it him self would only cost $350 to buy the headers and 5 hours of his sunday to put them in. Its a 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other situation.

My advice was to stay clear of it espcialy if your not mechanicly inclined .

We're on a car forum... I would take wild guess and say that atleast 75% of us are mechanically inclined. A lot of people have been there and done that, blah blah blah. If someone wants to take a Mustang GT and build it up to run with Cobra's, so be it. Or someone buys a Cobra to whip Vettes up and down the block, so be it. To tell someone to sell their car and just buy something faster, well partner...where is the fun in that? :D

To tell you the truth, I got pulled on by a Civic hatch the other day. Sure he probably had triple the time and money in his car than I have in mine. But it still hurt like hell :rlaugh:He still slowed down and we gave each other a thumbs up and drove on. It's guys that can race each other and still respect the other's car, that is what makes this hobby bad***

^ agreed. There is no shame in loosing to something designed specifically to go fast, sure you might get some chafing if you constantly loose but at that point its probably you not the car. Lol

We're on a car forum... I would take wild guess and say that atleast 75% of us are mechanically inclined. A lot of people have been there and done that, blah blah blah. If someone wants to take a Mustang GT and build it up to run with Cobra's, so be it. Or someone buys a Cobra to whip Vettes up and down the block, so be it. To tell someone to sell their car and just buy something faster, well partner...where is the fun in that? :D

To tell you the truth, I got pulled on by a Civic hatch the other day. Sure he probably had triple the time and money in his car than I have in mine. But it still hurt like hell :rlaugh:He still slowed down and we gave each other a thumbs up and drove on. It's guys that can race each other and still respect the other's car, that is what makes this hobby bad***
A buddy of mine at work has a 400 wheel horse civic EF that weighs 1800lbs!!! He gave me a ride in it and it felt way faster than my friends 500hp LS1 :) lol

A buddy of mine at work has a 400 wheel horse civic EF that weighs 1800lbs!!! He gave me a ride in it and it felt way faster than my friends 500hp LS1 :) lol

Try a 1000hp LS in full street trim(3600 pounds with me) at 12-13psi on a baby Novi 1500 blower that spins the tires at 130mph on MT tires, what I did today at the Houston half mile doing over 170mph in the 1/2 mile(not even spraying my bottle). It will run 204-208mph in the standing mile(without the bottle). I was eating every 1000-1200hp GT500, KR's(lots of them, mostly Texas Mile Ford cars today), other LS Vettes(nitrous, blower), Ferraris, Lambo's and Ford GT's. Liter Bikes were doing 150-160mph today in the hot, humid headwind. The mclaren f1 only could do mid 140's. Cars that took me out were Hennessey's 2000hp Ford GT(212mph), my tuners Nascar with an LSX- F1X blower making 1800hp, and two underground Lambo's making 1500rwhp AWD.

Full street trim, 26mpg driven to and from the track, and the same way it is driven daily and on 600+mile road trips on the weekends to the river house with my wife. Pump gas and meth injection after 6psi of boost.

Try a 1000hp LS in full street trim(3600 pounds with me) at 12-13psi on a baby Novi 1500 blower that spins the tires at 130mph on MT tires, what I did today at the Houston half mile doing over 170mph in the 1/2 mile(not even spraying my bottle). It will run 204-208mph in the standing mile(without the bottle). I was eating every 1000-1200hp GT500, KR's(lots of them, mostly Texas Mile Ford cars today), other LS Vettes(nitrous, blower), Ferraris, Lambo's and Ford GT's. Liter Bikes were doing 150-160mph today in the hot, humid headwind. The mclaren f1 only could do mid 140's. Cars that took me out were Hennessey's 2000hp Ford GT(212mph), my tuners Nascar with an LSX- F1X blower making 1800hp, and two underground Lambo's making 1500rwhp AWD.

Full street trim, 26mpg driven to and from the track, and the same way it is driven daily and on 600+mile road trips on the weekends to the river house with my wife. Pump gas and meth injection after 6psi of boost.

Damn!!!! That looks like so much fun! Was that your C6??? I am thinking about purchasing A c5 Zo6 or a C6. I cannot wait :)

Status
Not open for further replies.