Getting springs installed, question

StangNole07

Dec 19, 2004
Me and my friend might install the lowering springs that Im getting, but i dont know if I'll have time. I might have to have someone else install them for me, like a shop. If anyone has had them installed, how much did you pay for installation? Thanks. Also, if you know of a good "how-to", post it up for me, thanks again.

• Sponsors (?)

Took a friend & I 4hrs ....1hr looking for the tools, 1hr talking and laughing and playing with the shop radio and 2 hrs of actual work. :D

You can do it with basic hand tools, jack stands and a jack.

I would try to do it yourself. I just installed some Eibach's with the help of a friend. This was our first time doing it, and we had it done in just a little over an hour. It definitely helped to have all the right tools.

Well, heres my perdicament. I know there is the easy way of using a jack to release the compression on the spring, but trying to convince my dad who was a mechanic for almost 15 years to do this is like shooting a bb gun at a frieght train. He is pretty insistant on using a spring compressor...oh well. Anyone have any advice?