Getting things to work and display correctly on my cluster. I would appreciate anyone's two cent's worth.

• Sponsors (?)

explain this, please.
Sorry it took so long to reply, didn't see your comment in the thread while I was replying earlier lol. The short story is a couple years back, I rented a room to a friend who started up a snow habit. I told him to kick rocks and pack up. In retaliation, he pried off the radiator and urinated in that and my fuel tank. My convertible top had a hole directly over the Center console box and I had just assumed when I had gotten into the interior last year and, that it was just water damage the bezel that was originally around the steering column was sun faded and just yeet'd it into the extra mustang parts pile. I'm redoing the interior and the convertible top now and putting everything back together. When I pulled the carpet, in the area directly underneath the steering column there was a brown spot in the old carpet, when I pulled it up, I figured there would be rust or atleast some surface rust right? NOTHING. It was the only area of the floor pans that didn't. It threw the body guy in the shop off when he came into the shop a week or so ago that there wasn't anything there because he said that's a really common spot for it to get nasty. I went through all the "old" parts I took off the car and sure enough ALL OF THEM are smothered in this stuff. My Instrument cluster luckily only had some on the shell, but the Cover that goes over the instrument cover is all covered too. The ONLY electronics that are not working in my car now, to my knowledge is the Blend Door for Floor, Upper, Defrost as well as the parking brake light doesn't show up on the Cluster. My Electrical guy had left before I could get that tested, but when that FOR SURE had dribbling water onto it (Had the hole in the top half ass covered in duct tape), I'll replace it when I run the RCA cables for the stereo. Its an Automatic, so its not light the Parking light is essential lol. I'll need to address the vents issue, but atleast I can DRIVE LEGALLY now.

I'll see If I can get everything together tomorrow and snap a photo and how obvious I should have realized it wasn't water. Tomorrow's a big day, Shop owner is on his day off and helping me finish the top, install the power window actuators and motors for the quarter windows, and prep the Door panels and quarter trim for paint. He's centering the rear window so I can get the Rain channel and well liner installed. Already got the new weatherstripping and sealing the car up from the weather for its first time in a long time <3. If I can get the Top seals on and the rear window in tomorrow, i'm going to park the car oustide for 2 weeks, baking the top really good, and slide that bad boy down and cruise the long way home with the top down.

Reactions: 1 user
True story here.. My son let a couple move in my home In Oregon he was watching for me while I was working in Florida ( I stayed in Florida but thats another story).. These POS's were basically squatters and I was having a hard time removing them.. The Stories you read are true as they called the police on me and the nasty lil dick head cop threatened to take me to jail even though it was MY property taxes paying his salary...

I called up some friends of mine I call the " heathens" as they all look like very bad men... Some were Vietnam Vets " who kinda thought they were still " in country" sometimes.. They came to my home and told my " renters who never paid rent" to leave or die... They were gone that afternoon.....
Including a pic of my old friends parked in front of a tavern.....

DSCF0871.JPG

I decided after sleeping overnight, I'm refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of the electrical problems! Got the blend door working after fixing a vacuum line. Could anyone post their warning lights that are supposed to be on when you turn to the run position? Undoing the cluster one more time and going to see if I learned something from the electrical guy yesterday to test some bulbs again. He left me his $220 power probe for the weekend.Yesterday, I bought 3 boxes of Eiko 168 and 194s and over half have been bad from the git go.

I'm not quite sure of what all lights come on for this old model of vehicle. I believe the lights that can turn turn on are Alternator, brake, Engine Service, left turn, right turn, high beam,and Seat Belt. I believe the engine service light and Brake the the bulbs I'm tackling only. If I'm missing one, then it's probably not working either lol

True story here.. My son let a couple move in my home In Oregon he was watching for me while I was working in Florida ( I stayed in Florida but thats another story).. These POS's were basically squatters and I was having a hard time removing them.. The Stories you read are true as they called the police on me and the nasty lil dick head cop threatened to take me to jail even though it was MY property taxes paying his salary...

I called up some friends of mine I call the " heathens" as they all look like very bad men... Some were Vietnam Vets " who kinda thought they were still " in country" sometimes.. They came to my home and told my " renters who never paid rent" to leave or die... They were gone that afternoon.....
Including a pic of my old friends parked in front of a tavern.....

DSCF0871.JPG
I love hearing stories like this! Thanks for sharing. A lot of my buddies that were military members all found their new brotherhood in with their biker buddies. After I get this done, I promised the wife I'd buy her a foxbody and fix it up too. Then I'm getting myself a Harley, family orders.

Sorry it took so long to reply, didn't see your comment in the thread while I was replying earlier lol. The short story is a couple years back, I rented a room to a friend who started up a snow habit. I told him to kick rocks and pack up. In retaliation, he pried off the radiator and urinated in that and my fuel tank. My convertible top had a hole directly over the Center console box and I had just assumed when I had gotten into the interior last year and, that it was just water damage the bezel that was originally around the steering column was sun faded and just yeet'd it into the extra mustang parts pile. I'm redoing the interior and the convertible top now and putting everything back together. When I pulled the carpet, in the area directly underneath the steering column there was a brown spot in the old carpet, when I pulled it up, I figured there would be rust or atleast some surface rust right? NOTHING. It was the only area of the floor pans that didn't. It threw the body guy in the shop off when he came into the shop a week or so ago that there wasn't anything there because he said that's a really common spot for it to get nasty. I went through all the "old" parts I took off the car and sure enough ALL OF THEM are smothered in this stuff. My Instrument cluster luckily only had some on the shell, but the Cover that goes over the instrument cover is all covered too. The ONLY electronics that are not working in my car now, to my knowledge is the Blend Door for Floor, Upper, Defrost as well as the parking brake light doesn't show up on the Cluster. My Electrical guy had left before I could get that tested, but when that FOR SURE had dribbling water onto it (Had the hole in the top half ass covered in duct tape), I'll replace it when I run the RCA cables for the stereo. Its an Automatic, so its not light the Parking light is essential lol. I'll need to address the vents issue, but atleast I can DRIVE LEGALLY now.

I'll see If I can get everything together tomorrow and snap a photo and how obvious I should have realized it wasn't water. Tomorrow's a big day, Shop owner is on his day off and helping me finish the top, install the power window actuators and motors for the quarter windows, and prep the Door panels and quarter trim for paint. He's centering the rear window so I can get the Rain channel and well liner installed. Already got the new weatherstripping and sealing the car up from the weather for its first time in a long time <3. If I can get the Top seals on and the rear window in tomorrow, i'm going to park the car oustide for 2 weeks, baking the top really good, and slide that bad boy down and cruise the long way home with the top down.
Couldn't figure out cause our gauges were not oil filled but there are oil filled aftermarket gauges, thanks.

I'd like to say I think I was wrong on the service engine light being a feature on this vehicle. Parking brake light bulb was got new good bulb and that turned to be damage at the pigtail on the master cylinder. Did a repair and now have lights. I referred to an older thread Mustang5L5 made.

Reactions: 1 users