Going to pick up my new project car this weekend!

69clark

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Ravena, NY
Well it is about official as can be, I am leaving for Iowa on Saturday to go pick up my new project car. I know I have have been on here asking questions but leaving out details, so here are the pics. This is unrestored, so as you can see it is well taken care of.

And about the financing thread I started awhile back, basically for anyone that is interested, I just went through a collector car finance company. So I didn't have to do a personal loan or even dumber, a credit card (which I would never do anyway) or try explain to my bank why I was buying such on old car.

Here are the pics! Gonna be a long weekend, 16 hrs there and 16 hrs back. I don't trust a transport company, so Kris and I are making the trek.

1.jpg

2-13.jpg

2-13.jpg

3-3.jpg

4.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 2-13.jpg
    2-13.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 2-13.jpg
    2-13.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 3-3.jpg
    3-3.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Sponsors (?)

looks to be a prime example of a pace car Tom, you're best off starting with a good car like that so that you don't waste your time/money restoring before you start the real project.

The plan was an 03/04 cobra drivetrain right?

Good deal Tom. So I guess the pace car will be at Tasca next weekend?
You can't fit both cars in your garage, so wich one is it gonna be? If Tasca is a no go, I will be up next weekend to check it out. Keep me posted and be careful when chris gets behind the wheel this weekend. LOL

That is a cool little project car! I have always loved the 79 pace cars and the early 80's gt's. They make cool looking cars with the right wheels which I'm sure it will get. I bet 10th anniversary cobra wheels in charcoal would look cool on that little car!

Thanks Troy. I think I will only be clipping the edge of PA.

Matt, I am leaving to go there at 1:00pm Sat. I probably won't be leaving with car untill about noon on Sunday. Not staying in a hotel or anything, so we will be trekking it.

Thanks Troy. I think I will only be clipping the edge of PA.

Matt, I am leaving to go there at 1:00pm Sat. I probably won't be leaving with car untill about noon on Sunday. Not staying in a hotel or anything, so we will be trekking it.

sleepin in the new car... atta boy... thats the spirit... nothin like financin a car and sleepin in it to get your moneys worth! :rlaugh:

man all seriousness... i CANT wait to see this in NH next year...

Damn, I wouldn't mind seeing this thing, too. I've only seen one 79 pacecar in person before, and it didn't appear to be in anywhere near as good of condition as that one. Sunday is probably bad for me anyway. I have to find a way to get in some time to watch football, sleep, and work Sunday night from 7pm-7am.