going turbo instead

• Sponsors (?)

I just realized I never posted pics of the kit after Mike finished it.

If I do sell it, I'd be looking for $2000 (shipped), because I am including the Turbo (with both turbine housings), the FRPP 42# injectors (new in the box), the TIAL Wastegate and the Lightning MAF (also new). Anything less and I'd be losing money, and I can't afford that right now. I really would rather keep it all together.

Mike's work speaks for itself. He is amazing. Pics below:

hot-31.jpg

hot-32.jpg

hot-33.jpg

hot-34.jpg

hot-35.jpg

hot-36.jpg

hot-37.jpg

hot-38.jpg

- Chris

Attachments

• hot-31.jpg
    hot-31.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,888
  • hot-32.jpg
    hot-32.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 156
  • hot-33.jpg
    hot-33.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 114
  • hot-34.jpg
    hot-34.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 111
  • hot-35.jpg
    hot-35.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 580
  • hot-36.jpg
    hot-36.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 97
  • hot-37.jpg
    hot-37.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 127
  • hot-38.jpg
    hot-38.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 92
BlueOvalStangGT said:
Well I already have most of that stuff so oh well for that idea. What happened for the whole turbo idea for under 1500, now your selling just hotside piping for 500 more...
the $1500 was based on the fact that i already had the 42# injectors and the maf. that is $400 right there.

the $2000 was for the turbo (with both turbine housings), the hotside, the wastegate, the injectors, the maf, and the short belt (to bypass the smog pump). then add in $100 for shipping. it was not just for the hot side.

i'm not trying to rip anyone off, but i don't want to lose money either.

i was looking forward to it too, but then life took over (again!) and i realized that this was just not the time for it.

jr has a friend who has cash in hand and i am supposed to meet with him tomorrow to finish the deal.

i am a religious person, and i think that the fact that i got hooked up with a buyer (for the full amount) within hours of mentioning that i was thinking about selling it is a sign that this is not the time for me to do this project.

that, and the fact that mike does such great work! :worship:

also, there is a lady in my neighborhood who has a red 1966 plymouth fury 3 convertible that she put on sale today: $14,000. it is a sweet ride. that may be the car that replaces my mustang. it's not this one, but it looks kind of like this (i don't know what engine it has yet): coincidence?

http://www.hemmings.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/dealers.detail/hmn_vehicle_id/213917

ACF611A.jpg

ACF611B.jpg

This just in ... the guy who is buying the turbo is the same guy who bought JR's KB. It is getting rebuilt right now. He thinks he'd be willing to do a straight trade ... KB for turbo. KB's can easily be installed in an afternoon. I may be back in the game ...

I feel like a yo-yo ...

BlackVert said:
This just in ... the guy who is buying the turbo is the same guy who bought JR's KB. It is getting rebuilt right now. He thinks he'd be willing to do a straight trade ... KB for turbo. KB's can easily be installed in an afternoon. I may be back in the game ...

I feel like a yo-yo ...

That'd be a sweet deal!

a KB will also create the same problems as it did on JRs motor, need work done to it, and it will still only make half the power the turbo kit at your house right now will make. I say keep it. You'll regret it later.

Jeremy

BlackVert said:
i was looking forward to it too, but then life took over (again!) and i realized that this was just not the time for it.

jr has a friend who has cash in hand and i am supposed to meet with him tomorrow to finish the deal.

i am a religious person, and i think that the fact that i got hooked up with a buyer (for the full amount) within hours of mentioning that i was thinking about selling it is a sign that this is not the time for me to do this project.

that, and the fact that mike does such great work! :worship:

also, there is a lady in my neighborhood who has a red 1966 plymouth fury 3 convertible that she put on sale today: $14,000. it is a sweet ride. that may be the car that replaces my mustang. it's not this one, but it looks kind of like this (i don't know what engine it has yet): coincidence?

http://www.hemmings.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/dealers.detail/hmn_vehicle_id/213917

ACF611A.jpg

ACF611B.jpg

Dont you drive ur stang daily? I cant imagine driving that thing daily lol.

"BTW, B&G is great and his prices are SUPER cheap, but he does require relocation of the ABS module and lines, which just adds another issue into the install. I tried to design this setup with ease of install and plug changes in mind, to an extent atleast."

Thanks,

The reason for the abs location is not interfearance, it is severe heat soak, after about 5 months the abs unit will fail. (learned this the hard wat, three times)

Thanks,
Brian
B&G CUSTOM TURBO FABRICATIONS
WWW.BGTURBOKITS.COM

To see our work visit
WWW.BGTURBOKITS.COM/PICTURES

DARK-5.0 said:
a KB will also create the same problems as it did on JRs motor, need work done to it, and it will still only make half the power the turbo kit at your house right now will make. I say keep it. You'll regret it later.

Jeremy
i plan on going turbo eventually. but now is just not the right time for it in my life.

i think the KB will keep me happy for a few years. by then, i hope to have a garage and more time to work on my car myself. maybe i'll even be able to get a welder and try fabbing the stuff myself.