Got killed by an SS tonight :(

So i was at a car meet tonight (mostly Fords) just having a good time, when this kid in a camaro pulls in. It sounded kinda funny and i thought it was a 6 cylender for some reason. Well the kid came over and started talking to me and my friends and i asked him if his car was an 8 or 6. He says it's a 6 and then says nah just kidding it's an SS. I was like really i thought it was a 6 for some reason, well the kid starts getting all defensive and says nope it's an SS you wanna run it, what you got to run. So i say that little fox over there and he's like whats done to it so i tell him it's got all the boltons and a 50 shot (really a 100) . So later on the kid comes back over and asks if i wanna run it, normally i wouldn't but i wanted to see what i could do against an LS1 that is supposedly stock except for exhaust. So i tell him yeah lets go do it and he starts talking money like $100 , i'm like nah i'll do it for $20. So he says go.

We head to the "spot" and line em up and his friend starts pouring vht under his tires and he does a sick burnout, So i do a nice little burnout to clean off the tires. Line em up and flagger sets us off. He gets a car on me off the line and i hit second and flip the arming switch on , Nothing , It didn't spray the whole run. By the top of fourth he had about 1 1/2 cars on me.

So we go back and i tell him my **** didn't spray but i'm a man of my word and pay him the $20. I check out all the wiring and everything and come to find out that the rpm's have to go at least 200rpms below the window switch activation point for it to spray :nonono: :shrug: . So i open the bottle and take it for a spin, **** kicks like a mule. So i go back and ask if he wants to go again for $40 to give me a chance to get my money back. So he agrees and we're off again.

This time i arm the nitrous from an idle . Feather the clutch from 2500 and we're even through first even though it's spinning, hit second and it still spins but i keep it straight and he pulls out a little, hit third "traction" , he's 1 car out and holds it all the way through the top of fourth.

So on motor he got me by 1 1/2 and on spray he got me by 1 ?:shrug:? Pissed off i pay him and tell him good run but theres no way his car is stock. He insists it only has exhuast. Later that night a guy comes up to me at the meet and said he heard the guys friend tell him to "make sure the bottle was open" before we ran :owned: , so the hustler (me) got hustled, And now i remember why i don't play pool for money :lol: .

• Sponsors (?)

lol, wow i think think i will ever race for money... unless i had something really done to it.... but if i was in your shoes i would of done the same thing... i thought i would have one the 2nd time on spray! but i wouldnt of told him i had a bottle in the first place

does your car really only run 14.2? (no offense!) with the setup that you have, i would expected to see some low 13 times or 12s. if his car was stock and that was your time, yuour going pretty good.

N8Miller said:
does your car really only run 14.2? (no offense!) with the setup that you have, i would expected to see some low 13 times or 12s. if his car was stock and that was your time, yuour going pretty good.

It ran 14.2 on motor with 8* initial timing because the cobra lower was hitting the tfi, stock maf, and shorty headers. On street tires slipping the clutch from 2500 pulling a 2.0 60ft.

Now it has a c&l 73mm maf , 1 5/8 LT's, and timing at anything i set it at (9* right now for the 100 shot). I know my stock heads are killing me :nonono: .

Jaswir said:
hatch cover? also im not that way either... i like to tell whats done to it... if you intend to race i wouldnt of said anything is what i ment... he didnt

My car didn't have a hatch cover when i got it and doesn't even appear to have a place to put one on the panels, but right now I'm rolling with no rear interior at all becuase I'm waiting for my control arms to come in the mail and then we're welding and reinforcing the torque boxes and axle tubes and putting on the control arms, new rear shocks, welds and mickey thompson et street radials.

If my suspension was done and i had the tires traction would have been no problem and the second race would/could have been totaly diferent.

I think what got you is the extra 100 horses just managed to kill your traction. Maby if you had it on a switch so you could only hit it once you know the tires were planted you might have beaten it.

A LS1 puts down the high 200's to a real low 300 horse to the wheels, full exaust on a manual your looking at 330 plus to the wheels. Although you have a few good bolt on's, they don't have much to work with going through the stock heads. Get some heads, some traction, and tune it for the nitrous and you won't have to worry about near stock LS1's.

Yep the heads really are holding me back. I might be getting a set of iron gt40 heads pretty soon and i'll port them so that'll help out some.

And once my suspension is done in the next couple of weeks all i will need is some rims to put the mickeys on and some moser axles! I'm hoping to be able to get my 60ft's down to 1.7-1.6 consistantly. With the setup i have now i cut some 1.8's on shi tty/bald 17inch nitto drags.

90mustangGT said:
I think what got you is the extra 100 horses just managed to kill your traction. Maby if you had it on a switch so you could only hit it once you know the tires were planted you might have beaten it.

A LS1 puts down the high 200's to a real low 300 horse to the wheels, full exaust on a manual your looking at 330 plus to the wheels. Although you have a few good bolt on's, they don't have much to work with going through the stock heads. Get some heads, some traction, and tune it for the nitrous and you won't have to worry about near stock LS1's.

x2, get rid of those heads. You should have no problem taking an exhaust ls1 when your on the n20.

That sucks man but like everyone else said check out your oponent befor e you run! And well atleast you werent like a chevy guy and say "IT'S STOCK" :nonono: I think if ya get the suspension done and better tires (nittos are junk) your 60's will be lower i run a 1.6 60' with 26x10's with 4.
10's and full suspension in rear dropping the clutch at 5100 or so better luck next time and i hope you learned from this mistake! peace

john:p

Sounds like another lying bowtie to me.
You should always check the other guys car before you race.
The more you know about the bowtie's the better off you are
if you are racing.I don't trust them as far as I can throw them lol.
Sorry to hear about your loss man.