Got killed by an SS tonight :(

• Sponsors (?)

lol funny story. To bad you got killed twice. there are quite a few young guys running ls1's and lt1's in my home town. I have often wanted to run one of them but since i have kids and wife (don't read into this i'm whipped) i have not done so. The problem with these kids is they don't show up at the track to run there cars they just do it on the street and i don't want to be the guy on the street that kills someone else so i have not as of yet raced em. Boy have i been tempted. T hate it when them punks pass me.

Thanks for all the comments!

Well i got a baddass hookup tonight! There is this guy selling his coupe and he is going to trade me his brand new weld prostars with new 295/?/15 mickey thompsons and new runners with the whole 5 lug conversion for my cobra Rs and 4 lug stuff + $200!!!!!!!!!!SCORE!!!!!!!!!

Also i ran a friends/aquitances ls1 z28 with exhaust and a k&n . On motor he had me by 1 car and on spray from a 2nd gear roll I got him by 2 1/2. So i was happy with that. I know that the SS was not stock but ya win some and lose some thats life!

In my experience in street racing, there is more lies than truth. That is where the real skill comes in, to know what runs what. Usually you can tell what a car has in it by the sound of the exaust, and I don't mean how deep or loud, but a strong motor has a strong sound to it, while a weak motor with with loud exaust sounds like a 4 year old girl with a megaphone. People alway lie about the size of thier shot, how much boost they are running, weather the motor is stroked or not, head work, ect. "Is that a stock longblock, or a stroker with hogged out stock heads?" That is the queston.

No heads=no race camaro SS's on the street
With a good driver and traction they can go high 12's without any mods. Even MM&FF tested one and got it to go 12.7's in 90+degree heat bone stock. Beat their stock cobra by like .6 (non sc)

Sell the nitrous kit, get some Tw's or afr's, and a real mass air meter, and the the tables will turn significantly. And you'll have that power all the time, instead of relying on a bottle.

2000xp8 said:
No heads=no race camaro SS's on the street
With a good driver and traction they can go high 12's without any mods. Even MM&FF tested one and got it to go 12.7's in 90+degree heat bone stock. Beat their stock cobra by like .6 (non sc)

Sell the nitrous kit, get some Tw's or afr's, and a real mass air meter, and the the tables will turn significantly. And you'll have that power all the time, instead of relying on a bottle.
I agree add AFR 165's or 185's and a Pro M mass air meter and the tables
will turn real quick and you will be putting cars on the bowtie.
jb- BLAH GO BACK TO LS1.com

185's or even heavily ported TW's are not optimal for a 302.

They kill velocity.

This is why i went with extrude honed TW's, flow is way up, but the ports are still relatively small.

Mainly with an afr 165 or TW, all you need is a good valve job and bowl cleanup. Don't put them on without this work.