Got the car up to 125

• Sponsors (?)

JonJon said:
:fuss:
I don't feel a need to go past 120 often though? :shrug:

GT's with 16" rims have a rev limit/speed limiter around 125. The tires weren't rated Z or something. If I remember correctly.

I don't go fast much anymore. The fastest I've been in the past month is 90, and that was like once. Having gone 150-155 I don't really feel a need to go back. :shrug:

I like to accelerate hard as hell from stoplights, though. :nice:

JonJon said:
:fuss:
I don't feel a need to go past 120 often though? :shrug:

GT's with 16" rims have a rev limit/speed limiter around 125. The tires weren't rated Z or something. If I remember correctly.

Yeah the 99 and 00 GT's that came with 16's were limited at 120 or so....(I know :mad: )......The tires are H rated which I think is around 130 mph.....

David

I got my 01 gt up to 145..all stock....my new mach only got up to 130 before the governor kicked in....i think or is it because of the gears(4.10's)...anyway, i got the superchips programmer and raised the speed limiter..haven't tried it yet though...

edcar01gt said:
I got my 01 gt up to 145..all stock....my new mach only got up to 130 before the governor kicked in....i think or is it because of the gears(4.10's)...anyway, i got the superchips programmer and raised the speed limiter..haven't tried it yet though...
01+ came with 17" stock so no limiter.