Granada front disc, Explorer rear disc - what Master Cylinder

• Sponsors (?)

I used a Mustang SVO (84) Aluminum MC on my 4-wheel disc setup.
Cheap (under $30) Aluminum (light)
You have to make new brake lines to the distribution block because the outlets are on the opposite side as the stock MC and you will need a proportioning valve. I used a Willwood adjustable.

Do you have any pics of the Explorer rear installed? I was thinking of doing this to my 66 but have heard of driveshaft issues b/c the pinion is offset??? Thanks

I'll get some pics this weekend. I had the pinion moved back to center. It's not really that bad of a swap, just a lot of little stuff you have to do.

I'm working on a writeup that I'll post.

The Explorer rear end is so much beefier than the 8" that was in there, and the 3.73's sure are fun :nice:. Disc brakes a are nice benefit too.

While at the parts store be sure to get the proper adapter fittings for that SVO MC to fit the standard size brake line.

Correct size MC line fittings for Mk VII/SVO MC are 9/16"-18 and 7/16"-24. If you can get the correct sized fittings locally, that would be better than using adapters.

If you can't locate the correct line fittings locally, I have them available through my website.

http://www.ultrastang.com/Ultrainfo.asp?Page_ID=21

I'll get some pics this weekend. I had the pinion moved back to center. It's not really that bad of a swap, just a lot of little stuff you have to do.

I'm working on a writeup that I'll post.

Please do, and let us know when you put it up. This is one of the options that I'm considering for the rear when I get my front finished. Looking forward to it!