Granatelli coil pack question

mijon61

Jun 11, 2002
Toledo Ohio
I bought the Granatelli coilpack for my SC Cobra with the intent of opening the plug gap a bit to .040 .

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/fordcoilpacks.htm

The problem I'm having is they're not true plug and play like the the ad implies. When I received them there is a note telling me I must swap the polarity of all 8 connectors or else damage will occur and some vague advice on how to do it.
"The connector plug can be disconnected by inserting a small pin, nail, or jewelers screwdriver into the connector blades orifice to release the barb lock".
No pictures, no diagrams on what I'm supposed to look for.
I know I must be over looking the obvious but I can't find the barb lock. I've talked with granatelli tech support and they make it sound so easy but nothing works for me. I've asked them for pictures and diagrams like they did for compressing the terminals but who knows how long it will take.
Has anyone successfully done this and do you have pictures or a diagram? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

The Granatelli Coil packs do indeed require the polarity to be changed in order to work on the 4V's. The were designed for the 2V's. Not only that, but your coil cover will no longer fit once these coil packs are installed unless you also purchase the $50 Granatelli spacers.

You might want to pose your question over on ModularFords.com. These are a brand new product so there's not a lot of people with knowledge on them as of yet.

U.M.

Thanks

Uncle Meat said:
The Granatelli Coil packs do indeed require the polarity to be changed in order to work on the 4V's. The were designed for the 2V's. Not only that, but your coil cover will no longer fit once these coil packs are installed unless you also purchase the $50 Granatelli spacers.

You might want to pose your question over on ModularFords.com. These are a brand new product so there's not a lot of people with knowledge on them as of yet.

U.M.

Didn't know about the spacer thing. Went over to modularfords as recommended and sure enough a lot of info. Thanks.