Had 03 Cobra Dyno tested, 449rwhp need help!

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Ok, this is for my cousin. He has an 03 Cobra that he just had dynoed at Pauls High Performance. He had them install a 2.9 inch pulley with a Superchips tune. He has that along with a Cold Air Intake and 3inch off road h pipe and 3 inch flowmasters!! It dynoed 449 at the wheels and the shop temp was 112*. Problem he's having is he can only muster a 12.2 at 116, before the pulley and tune he ran a 12.4 at 114, he has M/T Et Streets and is having problems with his 60ft, he can only get down to a high 1.8. So he wanted me to ask you guys what his 60ft should be and should he be in the 11's??? Thanks guys!!

• Sponsors (?)

Kdubslugga said:
Ok, this is for my cousin. He has an 03 Cobra that he just had dynoed at Pauls High Performance. He had them install a 2.9 inch pulley with a Superchips tune. He has that along with a Cold Air Intake and 3inch off road h pipe and 3 inch flowmasters!! It dynoed 449 at the wheels and the shop temp was 112*. Problem he's having is he can only muster a 12.2 at 116, before the pulley and tune he ran a 12.4 at 114, he has M/T Et Streets and is having problems with his 60ft, he can only get down to a high 1.8. So he wanted me to ask you guys what his 60ft should be and should he be in the 11's??? Thanks guys!!
A 1.8 60ft on the stock IRS is actually pretty good. What was the temp and DA at the track when he ran the 12.2? Sounds like the car may have been pulling some timing if it was pretty warm out. Was the 449RWHP he put down STD or SAE?

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
A 1.8 60ft on the stock IRS is actually pretty good. What was the temp and DA at the track when he ran the 12.2? Sounds like the car may have been pulling some timing if it was pretty warm out. Was the 449RWHP he put down STD or SAE?

U.M.

It was fairly warm about 80-85, but humidty was 90 plus percent as always. As far a STD o SAE i have no idea what that means sorry, but 1.8 is decent then??? Weve been playing around with tire psi and 18 seems to work best, we have to drive about 70 miles there and back to the track so were afraid to go any lower. I guess he and i both expected to see 11's after the pully change, maybe with some practice and lower temps he can get there!!!