Hah! I just found a bunch of my old drawings...

those are pretty sweet doodles in class man.
i used to always doodle in class if i was sitting beside a hot chick. It served as a good ice breaker if she ever looked over to see what you were doing...

I used to have a tmnt costume when i was a kid.
for halloween my folks built me a shell from chicken wire and paper-mache
then some kid poked a hole in it with his finger so then i punched him in the face.

sent that lil bitch home cryin! :D

• Sponsors (?)

Caldwell said:
super.jpg
is it just me or does superman have doug's face :rlaugh:

Cool stuff. I take it you haven't drawn in awhile since these are all old drawings?

Here's something I did recently.

Attachments

• 05 Mustang GT, mustangannie, resized.jpg
    05 Mustang GT, mustangannie, resized.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 100
xkuntrycowboyx said:
DUDE!!! ....so it wasn't Clark Kent this whole time!!
grrr... after all this time, i've been fooled!

You've been tricked hah, what can I tell you. Don't trust anyone :D

Penguin said:
Cool stuff. I take it you haven't drawn in awhile since these are all old drawings?

Here's something I did recently.

Well, that isn't really true actually. I do still draw from time to time, mostly at work. But yeah these are older drawings of mine. I usually don't draw things this elaborate because I just never bothered. However, I'm directing a new video game this april so i've been scratching the pencil more now than before. I'll have to submit a lot of drawings for that.

That was actually a really good drawing dude. You've got the sense of depth down really well. Do you draw stangs often?

Caldwell said:
Well, that isn't really true actually. I do still draw from time to time, mostly at work. But yeah these are older drawings of mine. I usually don't draw things this elaborate because I just never bothered. However, I'm directing a new video game this april so i've been scratching the pencil more now than before. I'll have to submit a lot of drawings for that.
Oh I see... Directing a video game? Can you give more info, like what kind?

That was actually a really good drawing dude. You've got the sense of depth down really well. Do you draw stangs often?
Thanks :D I draw cars all the time... Mustangs are the only car I can sketch without any reference, I guess I look at them too much. I also like to do dark/spikey/skull stuff.

stprorolla49 said:
heres a few im submitting in my portfolio for the school i just got into (savannah college of art and design)...
I like the rims on the first 2. I always have the hardest time with the rims. I can't figure out why though. Guess I need more practice.

Attachments

• 32 Ford.JPG
    32 Ford.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 05 Aston Martin DB7.jpg
    05 Aston Martin DB7.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 89
I was waiting for your post Mike! haha, what took you so long ;)
I'm always diggin that rim pic man, it looks right out of real life you know?
it has the dimensions, it looks 3d, i'm lovin it :nice:

I'm really likin that Jag too Peng, it looks identical to the new one.
A car I wouldn't mind owning, but only if they made it in standard...

The game I'm directing is a 3d fps game, using the half-life 2 engine, it's a mod basically... think duke nukem but with more... more gore, more explosions, more everything... more catch phrases hah...

it's all titled and listed but we don't have the copyrights yet so they don't want me posting up anything i've done yet, but when that goes through i'll be sure to throw up my pics for the character concepts.

we were initially going to do a duke 3d rehash but because of obvious legal issues, we didn't want to get sued. (there was a team in a southern state that was doing a duke3d mock and they were shut down)...

so we're just going to take everything people love about duke, and make something fresh.

if you're into duke3d and fsps like i am, i'm tired of waiting for duke forever. :nonono:

Caldwell said:
I'm really likin that Jag too Peng, it looks identical to the new one.A car I wouldn't mind owning, but only if they made it in standard...
I always thought Astons and Jags looked alike.

That's a 2003 Aston Martin DB7 GT
V12 6.0L
434hp
410tq
6spd manual
0-62 in 5.0 secs
185mph top speed
You might be able to find a used one for $73k-88k.(new they were $158k)

2006 Jaguar XKR
V8 4.2L supercharged
390hp
399tq
6spd auto
0-60 in 5.2 secs
155mph top speed(limited)
new $83k

I say go for the Aston :D

Caldwell said:
I was waiting for your post Mike! haha, what took you so long ;)
I'm always diggin that rim pic man, it looks right out of real life you know?
it has the dimensions, it looks 3d, i'm lovin it :nice:
thanks man...i put SO much time into that one, its rediculous...but i think it came out aite:D as you mentioned above, practice is DEFINATELY the key to being good at drawing...i havent practiced a lot in the last month or so, but im goin to PR for a week, so i can chill on the beach and draw some crazy ****....i also cant wait to get to school in the fall and get taught new techniques and stuff...gonna be awesomeee:nice:

Huh, i see now you drew in the aston symbol on the front, dead give away, but wow! i thought for sure it was the new 2007 xk, my bad, they do look very similar.

Putting the specs to the side
I would have to say I like the aston over the jag for 1 reason only.
... it's standard.

drakesdad said:
That's some cool S@#t Caldwell, I liked the Juggernaut. Hell, I'm 36 and grew up with the X-men and Avengers comic books, that one brought some memories back.....How come you didn't give Superman the dye job....LOL

LOL!! I was thinking about it... but i wanted to show his true colours ;)

See I grew up on Spawn and X-Men, drawing the Jugger was a blast man! Especially since you can really go wild with the proportions. Any requests? :)