Hah! I just found a bunch of my old drawings...

Oh hell yeah, I've got several.......My son loves the X-men movies, so any Wolverine would be great......By the way, your first one looks a lot like Thor's half brother LOKI and the second looks like Gambit....Are they?
With your skills I would love to see you whip up Sabertooth, the comics always made him look huge.......Best thing about having a son, Movies are constantly being made about the comics I grew up on. I did read somewhere that the Beast was supposed to be in the second X-Men but the cost was too much because of the Digital Enhancement of he blue fur.........
Caldwell, you Rock...:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

drakesdad said:
Oh hell yeah, I've got several.......My son loves the X-men movies, so any Wolverine would be great......By the way, your first one looks a lot like Thor's half brother LOKI and the second looks like Gambit....Are they?
With your skills I would love to see you whip up Sabertooth, the comics always made him look huge.......Best thing about having a son, Movies are constantly being made about the comics I grew up on. I did read somewhere that the Beast was supposed to be in the second X-Men but the cost was too much because of the Digital Enhancement of he blue fur.........
Caldwell, you Rock...:hail2:

Wolverine will be easy to draw, no probs on that. Weirdly enough, I actually had a million drawings of Wolverine as a kid because he was so much fun drawing... but I can't seem to find any anymore.
Good eye on the characters btw, Loki is a fluke actually, The first dude I drew was just a run of the pencil, but the second guy - a total gambit rip off... haha think gambit meets silver samurai.
Sabretooth, hm maybe i'll make a sabretooth/wolverine pic, that would be fun to do... good idea.

Beast is gonna be in the 3rd flick. I'm not too sure how caught up you are in the development of the movies, but maybe I can find a pic of him

View attachment 486694

I try not to expect too much from the movies anymore.
I was disappointed with the first one. So going into X2 with low expectations, I ended up LOVING the film. It was a good movie regardless, but it was nice to go in expecting very little from it.
X3 looks good though. Still trying to keep the expectations down hahah.
:nice:

You know before I read your last thread I looked and saw that the second picture had a swordl, not a staff...LOL
I did see the other day that there is a animated dvd of the Avengers coming out next month. Now I did save all those comics, there in the garage put away...
I would love to see some actors pull those guys off in the theatre....
It's funny because my son is into the Resident Evil movies and loves Underworld and Van Helsing.....(Must be Kate Beckinsale LOL)
When we went to see Evolution the girl at the counter asked "You know this is Rated R" Yeah.........I take the time to explain and show my son the making of the movies.....He is really into them....which is a plus for me

Could we get a picture of XO Manowar in full combat suit? The Valiant books had some unbelievable artwork in the early 90s. They acquired all the rights to gold key, so they re-did Turok Dinosaur Hunter and Magnus Robot Fighter.

Yes I was a huge comic book dork and this thread got me looking through some of my old stuff.

I am particularly impressed with Boris Vallejo's work in a 2 book Valiant run, Magnus Robot Fighter vs. The Predator. It's awesome.

Do you guys with actual talent have any artists that you take inspiration from?

Adam

very cool work, i am impressed. our oldest son scott was insane about spawn when it got really popular. we also played killer instinct alot. i always wanted to see someone do a pencil or maybe ink drawing of fulgore with a punisher theme to it. something really tall, gaunt and menacing. it must have been really cool finding all those old drawings. you definitely have the talent.

drakesdad said:
You know before I read your last thread I looked and saw that the second picture had a swordl, not a staff...LOL
I did see the other day that there is a animated dvd of the Avengers coming out next month. Now I did save all those comics, there in the garage put away...
I would love to see some actors pull those guys off in the theatre....
It's funny because my son is into the Resident Evil movies and loves Underworld and Van Helsing.....(Must be Kate Beckinsale LOL)
When we went to see Evolution the girl at the counter asked "You know this is Rated R" Yeah.........I take the time to explain and show my son the making of the movies.....He is really into them....which is a plus for me

I had this samurai idea... I also did this weird ass colouring job I found too with the drawing, it was blue, and i thought i was dumb for doing it... so I refuse to post it up haha...
All of my comics are in a closet, i have no ambition on selling them off, because really, i spent so much time collecting them you know? and I know they won't sell for as much as it would be worth giving my childhood away for... so forget it heheh.
The Ultimate Avengers movie? Yeah man I just heard about that a few weeks ago actually. I must be living in a cave or something but from what i've actually seen that film looks pretty cool.
Kate Beckinsale :drool: nuff said on that one. I haven't seen the second underworld film but I can already tell you I'll be owning that puppy.
So how many comic books do you own in that garage of yours anyway?
At least now you have an excuse to watch those "kid" movies with your son with sexy leather wrapped women with tight asses HAHAH

Black95GTS said:
Could we get a picture of XO Manowar in full combat suit? The Valiant books had some unbelievable artwork in the early 90s. They acquired all the rights to gold key, so they re-did Turok Dinosaur Hunter and Magnus Robot Fighter.

Yes I was a huge comic book dork and this thread got me looking through some of my old stuff.

I am particularly impressed with Boris Vallejo's work in a 2 book Valiant run, Magnus Robot Fighter vs. The Predator. It's awesome.

Do you guys with actual talent have any artists that you take inspiration from?

Adam

I think I have a few of those comics actually man, tomorrow I'll see if I can dig up the collection and scan in a pic or two. I have so many obscure comics that I don't even know I own, it's bizarre.

For myself, I used to be the biggest of Greg Capullo, the spawn artist, from issues #19-20, 26-100 or so... BUT I will say, if you ever want to see a comic book that has incredible detail, Spawn #1 is art, it's not a comic book, it is art, every single page.
Also, a good read and a constant influence was Adam Kubert from Wolverine issues # 75-90.
Those books, OMG!! Read that ****. If you're at all into comics, those are the issues. His brother Andy Kubert did some seriously good stuff too, but the X-Men issues were never half as good for reads.

90lxfoxbody said:
very cool work, i am impressed. our oldest son scott was insane about spawn when it got really popular. we also played killer instinct alot. i always wanted to see someone do a pencil or maybe ink drawing of fulgore with a punisher theme to it. something really tall, gaunt and menacing. it must have been really cool finding all those old drawings. you definitely have the talent.

I appreciate that, and as I'm sure Suspect, Justin, and Mike say the same thing too, there's a lot of good talent in this place, and not necessarily having to do with cars.

Suspect said:

Nice dude!
You got some seriously good drawings here dude, this one though, definitely a favourite of the group.

I've only got about 200 of the Avengers....they were my fav and my son knows he is going to get them, along with a bunch of 1969 matchbox camaro's......I know, bowtie lol.....I had one in my 20's because I wanted a car from the same year I was born.....that's kind of the reason I will hold onto the stang. To give it to my son....... a long time from now........Hell, I can't stay of the throttle much less expect him to when he first gets his license.

drakesdad said:
I've only got about 200 of the Avengers....they were my fav and my son knows he is going to get them, along with a bunch of 1969 matchbox camaro's......I know, bowtie lol.....I had one in my 20's because I wanted a car from the same year I was born.....that's kind of the reason I will hold onto the stang. To give it to my son....... a long time from now........Hell, I can't stay of the throttle much less expect him to when he first gets his license.

I never collected any of the Avengers, probably because I got into The X-Men, I suspect you were either a fan of one or the other.
I don't know how you can keep the stang for him :p
Good luck with that haha, It's going to be a lot harder than you think.

Adam: Haven't cracked out the comic book collection yet hah
I'm afraid.
When I do, it won't go back in the closet for awhile.

drakesdad said:
Some of the characters went back and forth between the two, I know Beast did. So far as the Mustang goes, you're right. Might be harder then it sounds......LOL

I just drew this puppy up at work.

Wolverine hanging from the ceiling...

wolverineceiling.jpg

I should be able to draw up sabretooth this or next week i think.

stprorolla49 said:
dude you've got some serious skills!!!! did you go to art school?

thanks bro.
actually yes i did, however not for anything you see here.

all these drawings i've ever made are self taught. that happens when you read a lot of comics as a kid, and draw during school.

i did go to art school for university, but it's mainly theory based... history/theory/administration

but i've taken photography, sculpture, digital imaging, drawing, painting...
just about every art medium you can think of.

they don't help however in this drawing of wolverine... :D

Caldwell said:
thanks bro.
actually yes i did, however not for anything you see here.

all these drawings i've ever made are self taught. that happens when you read a lot of comics as a kid, and draw during school.

i did go to art school for university, but it's mainly theory based... history/theory/administration

but i've taken photography, sculpture, digital imaging, drawing, painting...
just about every art medium you can think of.

they don't help however in this drawing of wolverine... :D
hah yea i hear that man...im goin to savannah college of art and design in the fall so hopefully i can learn a lil more about drawing...i needa work on shading and angles...

stprorolla49 said:
hah yea i hear that man...im goin to savannah college of art and design in the fall so hopefully i can learn a lil more about drawing...i needa work on shading and angles...

nice man, you'll have a lot of fun.
and you'll also see very quickly how your class will segragate into groups...

people always do that in class, but especially in post-secondary art classes, because everyone wants to be "an individual" and their personalities seem to clash more.

good luck with the schooling though dude! :nice:
art school is fun

Caldwell said:
nice man, you'll have a lot of fun.
and you'll also see very quickly how your class will segragate into groups...

people always do that in class, but especially in post-secondary art classes, because everyone wants to be "an individual" and their personalities seem to clash more.

good luck with the schooling though dude! :nice:
art school is fun
thanks man:nice: