Hard Left turn causes Rear-end Squeaking

Fastrack

Banned
Dec 6, 2004
Hi all,

The topic pretty much says it all, I noticed if I make a hard Left turn it produces squeaking from the rear end (not sure from what).

It kind of sounds like the brakes rubbing, but I'm not 100% sure. I tested this in a parking lot and went around in a circle (probably only about 10km/h). Also this is after driving for 100km's +. I'm not sure it does it when it's cold.

FYI - This is not the sound a power steering pump makes went it's turned all the way, as this is coming from the back. I have 4000km's on my car.

So I went out this afternoon and got underneath the rear end of the car. I hung on the exhaust and moved around everything I could think of. And no sound.

The only thing I noticed was the sheild of the shock absorber has scratched the paint off the shock, it's about a 1" inch scratch. I'm not sure if this could cause the sound.

Any ideas what this could be ?

Thanks,

Ben

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I posted the same complaint about 3 weeks ago, took it to my dealer. He said he was so backed up with work his rear end man didn't have the time to tear into it. He did have a suspension tech look it over and they said it was ok to drive. He said if it started to chatter when turning brinb it in asap, otherwise bring it back in a month. Well now it makes that noise turning L&R, no worse. Mine has 2,200 miles on it. I can't reproduce the noise when it's cold. I'm not worried about it right now. If it gets worse I'll take it back.

THE BOMB said:
Yeah, I posted the same complaint about 3 weeks ago, took it to my dealer. He said he was so backed up with work his rear end man didn't have the time to tear into it. He did have a suspension tech look it over and they said it was ok to drive. He said if it started to chatter when turning brinb it in asap, otherwise bring it back in a month. Well now it makes that noise turning L&R, no worse. Mine has 2,200 miles on it. I can't reproduce the noise when it's cold. I'm not worried about it right now. If it gets worse I'll take it back.

Yea it doesn't do it cold, nor after 10km's, so I'm not sure how long I have to drive to produce the sound. I'm not that worried at the moment.

I can't take it in until I can reproduce the sound on demand :)

I have the same Bitch! My rear end makes a squawking sound when I make any slow left or Right turn. I took it to the Dealer and I had a Mechanic ride with me and He heard it but wanted me to keep trying to make more turns sometimes it was loud and sometimes it was not too loud, but I could still hear it, before we even got back he was trying that "You know it might just be typical of this car" crap and I went ape !!! I just bought a brand New Car and he said it is supposed to sqwak??? Bull Crap! It's not the limited slip, so Dont let them give you that line...GET PISSED!!!! there is a TSB out on the Clutch Pack tell them to get it and I dont give a Damn how backed up they are, Act like You are ready to Sue!!!!

I have been tryiong to get My car fixed for months and all I get is delays and BullCrap

Do Not go to Livermore Ford By the 580 Highway, If they are going to treat Us like crap

Tell everyone to go elsewhere for Service.

In Fact learn all you can and do your own service. Screw them out of every Penney you can.

I'm going in to the dealer on the 17th of this month to get the clutch pack replaced..there is a TSB out on the sqwaking rear end when turning, and even though the dealer tried to pull that B.S. about " This problem is Normal"
I bitched untill they agreed to order the clutch pack, I dont give a crap if it fixes it or not, If they want to play that game, they can Shotgun this untill Hell freezes over, I dont care if they have to replace every part in the Dang CAR!!! It is a Brand new car and I paid alot of Money for It They are going to Fix it, or Go Broke, I will not stop Bitching untill it is Fixed.

I replaced the rear lube with royal purple in my dad's 05 GT and it went away.
Take a shot at it.

Ps- Im not 17 anymore and Im a few credentials away from being a Senior master for Ford, so dont become skeptical about my credibility:D