Head Unit/Speaker Help

onefstsnake

Nov 25, 2005
Northern VA
Well I bought a 93 Notch a few weeks ago, stock stereo w/ equalizer.

I want to replace it with a CD player.

I only see one wireing harness though... Doesnt look like it has enough wires for all 4 speakers...

Any pics of the factory harnesses?

Also, anyone got a link for Cd size DIN plates for the 89-93 stangs? And Harness adaptors.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/lrs.aspx?ref=mu&gotopage=/content_50_home.aspx

call them but i have no clue why its only till 92? you might have an amp under the pass seat take a look, if so there is a wire harness that will work but in that case i would just go ahead and run wires to the door boots and then splice in, i can give you wire colors if this is what you plan to do. if you just want a c/d player and dont really care about sound then just get the wire harness adpter to make your factory amp work through your c/d player but its just going to sound ok.

but that din reducer is correct on that link. let me know if you have any other questions i gots a notch as well :nice:

Looks like the square harness has a blue cable?

It just doesnt look like there are enough wires for all 4 speakers...

Also, Would I need a better alternator to run an 800w amp?
Im using the stock alternator w/ underdrive pulleys.

umm is that 800RMS or does the amp say

800 WATT MONSTER on the front of it?

and your going to need to run new wires, umm your sticking with stock speakers ? i take it no? is the amp for a sub or your speakers?

I would suggest a good component set up front and run of the mill 5x7 or 6x8 in the back. run amped out power to the components and run your rear speakers off the deck, if you have to

Your gonna need to take the underive pulley off the alternator if your getting crazy dimming that your not happy with.

The 800watt amp is 500watts RMS x1 @ 2 Ohms

It will be going to a single 10" sub.

How would that sound if I put the sub in the trunk?

I plan on running some 6.5" components w/ the tweeters in the dash.
And some cheap speakers in the back.

So the 1993 mustangs came with a factory amp?

I like your setup, get a small 35x2 rms amp for your components.

About the amp, it was part of Fords Premium sound package, you should have speakers in your dash as well stock.

And yes the sub goes in the trunk, the trunk itself acts as a second enclosure.

If your amp is 2ohm stable MONO then run your DVC sub in Parallel to get the most boom for your sound.

Also post up some pix when your done

I might need to replace the Audiobahn sub. I think I blew one of the VC's...

What Alternator should I run? The car currently has underdrive pulleys on it as well. I think it has a rebuilt alternator on it too.

180A Alt. Good enough?

I would like to use my old 6.5" Components made by Polk along with some 6x8" 3 ways in the rear.

you should swap the normal pulley back on teh alt and try if your dimming / charge is crap then your gonna need a bigger one, but i ran 6 10's and 4 amps in my stock explorer and the alternator lasted 75k.

the 6.5's will require some cutting and custimazation of the door panel. My eclipse 6.5's had a 3" depth and well lets say theres about 1.5" back there at most, so i had to make some rings out of baffle board to pump it out a bit then fitted the door panel back over it.
Picture100.jpg

thats what it looked like after install.

Attachments

• Picture100.jpg
    Picture100.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 53