Progress Thread HeHateMe gets bent

Soooooo.....you’re not telling anybody what the future home for the 2.3 is?
And here I always just thought that the “ home” for that engine was the stand that it’s attached to. :shrug:

You provided a pic of some “whazthatfit” AJE k member,....Tell us mystery man.

* Never mind....The k member fits a 64-70 mustang. Since you’re not going with that, it’ll also fit a maverick, falcon, comet, or.....ranchero. My guess is the latter..and if it is that.....I hope to hell youre not buying the one that’s turning into forest floor, and have opted for Rick‘s car.

Of which surprisingly, I kinda like.:cautious:
Had to see if anyone was paying attention. 62 Falcon, surprisingly solid. Needs front floor boards. And those are available pretty cheap. Jegster roll bar is available. The cool thing about that is the Jegster 6pt is like $228, the 8pt is $240 and the 10pt is $254. So I'll be ordering the 10 pt even if I don't put in all the bars at first. Probably will but cross that bridge down the road.

IMG_3913_20201029_142842.jpg
IMG_3917_20201029_142851.jpg
IMG_3916_20201029_142849.jpg
IMG_3921_20201029_142857.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

It's in my possession. I highly recommend buying old cars in a muddy field from a guy with a rollback wrecker. Loaded it on the roll back, then drove out on the road, backed up to the uhaul trailer and unloaded it unto the trailer. I've got my work cut out but my brother gifted me his fairly new HF Vulcan MIG 170 because he got a steal on an open box MIG 200. Now I have to figure out how to put a welder in my garage with an already full panel.
IMG_20201031_154211.jpg
IMG_20201031_154209.jpg
IMG_20201031_152446.jpg
IMG_20201031_152336.jpg

The dude in the bottom pic is Alec...he's a straight up good dude to deal with! If you come across a car listed in north Georgia and the Facebook Profile is Allison Towing, :nice:.

Mistake one already made...no Mike, not buying it. I got up this morning and drug it to the car wash. I stopped at the Autozone next door and got 2 cans of engine degreaser. I sprayed the entire car down with it, but mainly the front wheel wells, since I will be starting there. Even after running thru $7 in quarters, it still smells like that crap. Already catching hell from the wife for that smell. I figure it will go away eventually.

The car is surprisingly solid, other than the floor pans. Floor pans are less than $500 plus shipping. I was going to make SFC, but that are readily available. I may still look at making them, but may just take the easy way and buy them. They are less than $200. The battery box is pretty rotted out, but the apron behind it is perfect! The bumpers are pretty straight, but I'll probably go fiberglass and a fiberglass hood. The very front structure of the hood has some holes in it, but it could be fixed if needed.

Kinda wanted to do patina on it, but the paint was starting to come off with the car wash wand. Not going to worry about it now. Both doors seem way back and don't open right. Probably need new hinges and then align them. The doors seem pretty solid. Really need to look at the bottoms since the weatherstripping and dew wipes are shot.

One other thing is the car is very complete, save for the engine and tranny. It's original 144 and 3 on the tree. The z bar is still in the car. The engine mounts and engine mount reinforcement crossmember plus transmission crossmember all there. It looks like all of the trim save for 1 of the big trim panels that go behind the rear tire at the bottom of the quarter panel. I haven't pulled all the pieces out, but looks like almost all of the side trim is in the trunk. I think I am going to weld the holes up and ditch the trim. It's in great shape, so maybe I can sell it.

I paid my lawn guy to take some trash and the front seat to the dump. I pulled the back seat. I don't know if I'll ever put it back in, but I ripped off all the nasty upholstery and crap and tossed all that. I'm saving the frames. The back is in much worse shape that the bottom strangely enough, but I think could be fixed easy enough.

I'm going to whip up a spreadsheet and layout my expenditures and figure out how to budget how much I can spend each month.

Here it is a little cleaned up. It is so light, we could slide it on the trailer, just two of us pushing. Now it's on the dollies and almost moves itself. I'm certain currently it's less than 2000 lbs.

IMG_20201101_151040.jpg
IMG_20201101_151042.jpg
IMG_20201101_151048.jpg

Just ordered lower control arms, manual rack and manual bumpsteer kit so I can start first thing on the k member setup and figure how much of the shock tower is GONE! Thanks Paypal Credit! The way I see it, I still have around $1000 in funds from the direct sale of the Mustang to work with.

I rebuilt the doors on mine about 15 yrs ago if I remember right all the stuff was about $400 and it was a bunch of work....but its so nice when they dont rattle anymore.

I rebuilt the doors on mine about 15 yrs ago if I remember right all the stuff was about $400 and it was a bunch of work....but its so nice when they dont rattle anymore.

Rick are you talking about the windows, dew wipes, etc? All of that is gone, but I guess I need to get the kit to rebuild the door hinges and go from there. Weatherstripping, while needed, is WAY down the list of future purchases!

You gotta do something crazy with these tails:

1604417019538.png

I was on my way to Chatsworth to pick up my new trailer and passed a Falcon on the side of the road that was for sale. I thought of you and how you were looking for a Falcon, but it was a later model and a 4 door IIRC. Hell, I may have even passed you at some point! I passed someone with a U-Haul hauler Saturday morning.... :shrug: Looks like a good project to start with though! Good luck!!

Wasn't me. We drove to Mccaysville GA and picked up the uhaul trailer there, then drove a few miles to get the Falcon. Yall worried about the taillights before the Fred Flintstone floor or anything else is fixed are killing me.