Progress Thread HeHateMe gets bent

Wasn't me. We drove to Mccaysville GA and picked up the uhaul trailer there, then drove a few miles to get the Falcon. Yall worried about the taillights before the Fred Flintstone floor or anything else is fixed are killing me.
You mean you don't buy up stuff in advance so a year or two later when you try to install them they don't fit and you've had them too long to return??

• Sponsors (?)

Wasn't me. We drove to Mccaysville GA and picked up the uhaul trailer there, then drove a few miles to get the Falcon. Yall worried about the taillights before the Fred Flintstone floor or anything else is fixed are killing me.
C799154F-05F4-4A78-9CB5-1D6FD7163C5C.jpeg

:demon:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
You mean you don't buy up stuff in advance so a year or two later when you try to install them they don't fit and you've had them too long to return??

Well, I do already have a bunch of Fox Body suspension stuff...so if some reason this chit don't work...I'm up a creek. But it's probably easy to sell. Which, BTW, anyone need a QA1 Fox K member? I need to get rid of it. Bought it and never put it on the Fox....it's taking up too much space.

Space I filled today with a manual rack, lower a arms, and where the AJE k member is currently sitting.

This project needs a name. I'm open to suggestions.

I've already been out prepping and moving stuff. I cleared out a segment of my pegboard wall to the hang the grill on, so hopefully it doesn't get damaged.

Today I think the goal is to get the front bumper and fenders off. Depending on how that goes, remove the front suspension. I need to make sure the SN95 caster camber plates aren't too big for the top of the shock tower. My other thought was to go to the JY and cut off the tops of an SN95 strut tower. But a quick measure and eyeball says the Maximum Motorsports CC plates will work. If I get that done, I'll start figuring out how much of and where to cut out the shock towers.

I also will need to figure out whether it's cut off wheels on the grinder or a saw to do all that cutting. The shock tower is pretty thick.

I also opened up all my 'goodies' that have come in this week. Manual rack, CC plates, control arms, bumpsteer kit, Evaporust, and a couple of cans of weld thru primer.

I also have a big zip bag collection I am putting to use to keep up with all the nuts, bolts and screws.
IMG_20201106_163954.jpg
IMG_20201107_090015.jpg
IMG_20201107_082614.jpg
IMG_20201107_082957.jpg

Woohoo. It's Modelo time. It turned out to be pretty damn warm today. About 84 in the garage. But I got alot done. I removed the grill, bumper, and front suspension dropped out.

I even did a little 'body work' on the grill. It had a crease down the front that I got worked out. I'm not body guy and I didn't want to get too carried away. But it looks good. Not perfect, but come on, have you seen the car???

I'm still thinking about how much of the shock tower comes out and how that hole gets filled back in. I also got the caster camber mounting plates out and laid them on the shock towers. Plenty of room. I'll have to figure out how I am reinforcing the towers. Probably a little extra metal on the top. The export braces are coming out. I'll probably come off the cage with some tubes to stiffen it back up.

IMG_20201107_115451.jpg
IMG_20201107_115453.jpg
IMG_20201107_120612.jpg
IMG_20201107_120614.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
@Davedacarpainter What say you about this? Looks like the hinge is broken...the part that limits how far the door opens and this happened. I took my small hammer and hit it a couple of times, but it didn't really move. I don't want to make it worse. What's the correct way for a novice to work with this? Pay someone who knows what they're doing? :thinking:

IMG_20201107_161623.jpg
IMG_20201107_161625.jpg
IMG_20201107_161628.jpg

Very cool project Drew:nice:

Do you have a hammer and dolly set?

Life will be easier for you trying to straighten this with either the fender off or the door off.

It‘s called a check strap, btw. The thing the stops the door from swinging way out.

Very cool project Drew:nice:

Do you have a hammer and dolly set?

Life will be easier for you trying to straighten this with either the fender off or the door off.

It‘s called a check strap, btw. The thing the stops the door from swinging way out.

No, I think I need to go buy a hammer and dolly set at the HF. Both will eventually come off. The fender first. But the door hinges will need to be rebuilt and the door is WAAAAY back...like no gap at the b pillar. Not sure why yet. Tomorrow I'll post some pics of the driver's door. Looks like it was hung on the fender and manhandled open. The entire front edge is bent out.

If you return it to blue (like the color of the radiator core support or a newer blue), The Blue Falcon should be in the running for a name.

Attachments

• CD5391BD-5F09-47ED-A9BE-84ECEB6E244F.png
    CD5391BD-5F09-47ED-A9BE-84ECEB6E244F.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 148
If you return it to blue (like the color of the radiator core support or a newer blue), The Blue Falcon should be in the running for a name.
I'm pretty sure it won't be blue...even though the wheels are. The core support is black n rust. Looks like the car was originally red with at least 2 repaints.
I'm partial to Grabber Green or a deep metallic gray.

Reactions: 1 user
I vote “Project Amoeba“ if your looking for a catchy name that accurately portrays the overall vibe that a 62 Falcon gives off...;)

That,..or Mucus Max ..but between the two..I’m torn....

* Edit...wait...I forget that i’m on a new, strict no prick rule...in that case...How about Steel Talon?..
That’s it..definitely Steel Talon.

No wait...How about C-Raptor....

Too many choices...I give up...

Last edited:
Intriguing! I have a feeling at some point I will name it, Why Do You Hate Me?
Was kind of a reference to Mike's hatred of that era of Falcon.

"He Hate Me" was the phrase on the back of the jersey of original XFL running back Rod Smart, when asked why he chose that, he explained it thusly:

"Basically, my opponent is going to hate me. After I win, he's gonna hate me. It is what it is. It's a saying I was saying when I'd feel something wasn't going my way. For example, (when) I was on the squad in Vegas and coach was putting other guys in, (if) I felt I'm better than them, you know, hey, 'he hate me.' See what I'm saying? Give me a chance. That's all I ask. It came from the heart. Within. The way I felt. I feel as if everyone hates me, from my mom to my dad and even my brothers and sisters everyone "Hates Me". My buddy Greg Kates always used to use it, so I took it from him."

He managed to turn his stint in the XFL into a chance to play in the CFL and return to the NFL, so getting the attention he got with it obviously worked! :spot: