Hello... This Is My First Post. What Shocks And Struts?

Not to sure about what product people suggest. I have heard about people using UPRs coilover setup but I want nothing to do with them after reading about that "UPR k member = garbage"

UPR is not garbage. We just have a few vocal haters. However, I don't personally suggest coilovers on the rear of a Fox Body, unless you plan to mini-tub. I was running 275s on the back of my fox and they just barely fit, but then when I swapped it to coilovers, the springs stuck out into the wheelwell just enough to contact the sidewalls, and in the end I just chose to mini-tub it. If I could do it all over again, I'd use an adjustable spring kit like this:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-adjustable-spring-mount-springs.html

It gives you the adjustability of coilovers without the hassle of relocating your springs.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for that link. I just hit him up and hope to hear from him sooner than later. But while I have been waiting around for replies and trying to figure out what to do suspension wise. I shot my rim satin black with some plasti dip. I think it gave my car a much needed new look. I dig it. What do you think?

IMAG0429.jpg

And to all the sticklers out there. Sorry about how dirty the car is. It's been sitting for a while but I'm getting it all cleaned up and detailed slowly but surely.

I really liked the car with the stock colored polished wheels...not a huge fan of the black. BUT, it's your car so if you like it then rock on!

Reactions: 1 user
I run Strange's shocks and struts. I'm very happy with the way the car rides on the street and the adjustability is great at the strip.

Nice car BTW :nice: Im thinking keep the stock wheels silver and get some 10th anniv. Cobras.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for all the input guys. I'm hoping these strange coil overs will handle pretty well. I'm not to interested in the strip but if they don't handle worth a :poo: ill get a new coil and strut for them. I'm looking for more track time than drag time. Any ways I just got off the phone with the guys at LPIracing.com and once I figure out the spring rate of the fronts we will pick out rear eibach springs and im gonna run a MM caster camber setup with there weight jacker style lower control arms.

O... I don't actually plan to paint these wheels. Just messing around with a temporary new look. I'm sure Ill go 5 lug one day but that's not until I need more traction for all the power I don't have rite now lol. Just out of curiosity what are the widest tires you guys have run on a stock rim? I got 255s out back rite now and would like to go to a 275 but people don't suggest it from what i have read. But then again I have seen it done and it doesnt look horrible.

Well I found out the spring rate of those springs is 300lbs which is good according to MM and the shop in my town. I'll be picking up some MM rear springs and some caster camber plates also so the install should be happening this weekend. Can't wait to see the new look on my ride. Then once money allows I'll be getting the MM lower control arms that are the weight jacker style along with a panhard bar.

IMAG0441.jpg

Well I got started this afternoon. I got the passenger side done. The coil is a 12 inch and when it is fully lowered it still doesn't tuck tire. not that that is a problem but my suspension guy at LPIracing.com said that 10 inch springs are the reg for fox bodies so I might go to one later. Tomorrow Ill have the full suspension done. I started later than planned today.

IMAG0440.jpg

IMAG0442.jpg

IMAG0443.jpg

IMAG0446.jpg

IMAG0447.jpg

That last picture is with the suspension fully lowered on the coil.

Reactions: 1 user
the front looks fine to me it may settle a little bit depending on how many miles are on it. just keep in mind the front suspension still needs to cycle so I would cycle it and insure it doesnt rub.

That's a good point I will do that tonight. Have any of you had to cut hole in the hood support to get it to close with coilovers or do you cut the strut down? Im thinking about just cutting a hole into my hood support.

Yeah I think I will end up going to 10s if they don't sit the way I like. But for now they are fine and it is alot lower than it was. I just don't want to cut holes in my hood but its gotta happen.