Help me decide on an s/c......

• Sponsors (?)

get a cobra killer kit. I have yet to hear a complaint about him and his kits and I have seen some people put up some decent numbers. I persoannly plan to get one thanks to the way KB has screwed over the 99-01 cobra guys. They have only recently said they will make a kit after a deposit of $500 by jan 25th but it will only be a 6 psi non intercooled version. I want 9 psi and a intercooler. But hopefully by the time that I have the money maybe things will have changed but I doubt it.

Go with Tim at T&J (Cobra Killer). He has over 700 superchargers out with the adaptive tune and has yet to loose a motor. Give him a call, you wont regret it and you can judge his customer service for yourself. Top Notch! I am with you, I love the KB and all the testing they have done to provide a high quality product, but I just can't stand talking to them on the phone. I went with Tim and my kit is due any day now!

His site is http://www.modularfordpowerhouse.com/

Bo

Atlanta_GTer said:
Wouldn't really call it the "Steeda tune", but more of Tim's own adaptive (Steeda like) tune. He uses the software that allows him to change any and all parameters of the tune.

he is based out of Ga right? I might have to take leave and come down there for a tune, not to bad from NC, maybe 10 hours. Of course need some cash first.

BadMoFo said:
he is based out of Ga right? I might have to take leave and come down there for a tune, not to bad from NC, maybe 10 hours. Of course need some cash first.

Yep he's right outside of Atlanta. There are a few guys coming in town on January 16th for a little tune up. One from NY and the other from the DC area. Tim and Jeff are pulling in folks from everywhere.

BadMoFo said:
I'll be there in Jan for a tune. From what I see on tripquest, it is ten hours for me. You sure it is ten for you?

Bo

Atlanta_GTer said:
Yep he's right outside of Atlanta. There are a few guys coming in town on January 16th for a little tune up. One from NY and the other from the DC area. Tim and Jeff are pulling in folks from everywhere.
That just goes to show how much customer service means to people :nice:

Tim, Andy, and Jeff are great... not to mention the guys that currently have CK kits. Pretty stand up group to me.

Bo

might just have to pay tim a visit after tax season. I just took a guess on the time. I visit my buddy in greenville sc all the time and that is a five hour drive so I figure add about two for the extra distance and who knows what traffic is like so I added a little more.

Fallguy said:
What is harder to install ? A 9psi cooled KB or a Vortech SQ non-cooled ?

Hands down the KB cooled. Charger for charger the vortech is easier, add in the air to water intercooler and the KB is even harder.

If you aren't trying to make mid 400s with enough torque to lose traction in every gear its a no brainer. The mongoose kit. Zero problems. 350hp bone stock, add a few items and go 400. Thats enough to go bottom 12s all day long.

Stay tuned, I'm dynoing my CobraKiller mongoose next week. I should make 400 with a catted midpipe. :nice:

I considered the KB seriously. But when it took them 10 days to respond to an email inquiry I had already made up my mind and ordered from Tim.

My gut feeling is to go Vortech SQ. I have heard so many good thing's about it & Vortech's service/tech guy's have been so nice and helpful and even comforting some of my fear's/concern's and T & J seem's to have such a good reputation & service that as this thread goes on the decision is becoming easier.

I still will talk to Tim though for his input.