help on a rearend

tony67

Aug 29, 2011
I am completely new to the foxbody world and I need some help.
I bought an 89 LX that has a disc brake rearend. I am trying to figure out
what it is out of. It is suppose to be an 8.8 I measured the rear from axle face to axle face (where the wheel bolts up to) and it measures 61.5" I don't know what a stock foxbody rearend length is. It looks to be a complete bolt in. nothing really looks like it has been modified.
I see alot of people running 15X8 wheels with 5.5 backspace
just trying to figure out what I have and what I need as far as a rearend.

thanks for the help
Tony

• Sponsors (?)

Need more information. Pics would help a lot. Is it 5 lug? If it's a 5 lug/rear disc its probably a 94-98 Mustang axle shafts with 94-04 Mustang rear calipers. But if its 4 lug/rear disc it could be a t bird turbo coupe rear end. Or it could be a 93 Cobra rear end set up. Post some pics.

Need more information. Pics would help a lot. Is it 5 lug? If it's a 5 lug/rear disc its probably a 94-98 Mustang axle shafts with 94-04 Mustang rear calipers. But if its 4 lug/rear disc it could be a t bird turbo coupe rear end. Or it could be a 93 Cobra rear end set up. Post some pics.

It is a five lug, I'll try and get some pics in the next day or two. thanks for the help

does the 61.5" from axle face to axle face sound right. I thought I read somewhere that fox bodys where 57

It is a five lug, I'll try and get some pics in the next day or two. thanks for the help

does the 61.5" from axle face to axle face sound right. I thought I read somewhere that fox bodys where 57

Standard Fox width 59.25", SN95 60.75"

SN95 rear looks like this:
Brake_RH_Rear_66m.JPG

Attachments

• Brake_RH_Rear_66m.JPG
    Brake_RH_Rear_66m.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 295
It is not a Lincoln rear end... The Mark VII came with a vented disc. The 93 Cobra/TC also feature a vented disc... the solid disc means it is most likely Sn95... a measurement of rotor diameter will help.

did more digging.. found a helpful chart:
rearend_chart.jpg

Attachments

• rearend_chart.jpg
    rearend_chart.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 324
Rear End

Let me throw some more info out. As an earlier poster said, It is NOT the 87-88 Turbo coupe or the 93 Cobra.
They had four lug axles/vented rotors and the Quad shock tower is much higher on the Turbo Coupe housing.
Since we know some things it can Not be the correct answer is ...........?

Let me throw some more info out. As an earlier poster said, It is NOT the 87-88 Turbo coupe or the 93 Cobra.
They had four lug axles/vented rotors and the Quad shock tower is much higher on the Turbo Coupe housing.
Since we know some things it can Not be the correct answer is ...........?

I'd tell you its a 94-98 rear end...

man you lost me at "anti moan brackets " I guess I'll have to look that up whatever it is.

Oh and the disc are 11" I didn't take them off, but just throwed a tape measure up there.

It is not a Lincoln rear end... The Mark VII came with a vented disc. The 93 Cobra/TC also feature a vented disc... the solid disc means it is most likely Sn95... a measurement of rotor diameter will help.

did more digging.. found a helpful chart:
rearend_chart.jpg

Thanks for the chart, that helps alot with the wheel spacing.

Attachments

• rearend_chart.jpg
    rearend_chart.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2,201
don't mean to highjack thread but i have the same thing, sn95 rear end, 5 lug from 95 GT, in a 87 notch and it seems to be a little wider with the wheels on and i have hear of people using (2) driver's ranger axles to correct this issue then some kind of bracket to retain the discs??