HELP!! Water Temp/Oil Pressure very high...

94GTPilot

Mar 26, 2006
Hey everyone... Im new to the forums here, but definately not new to the mustang world. Im 21, and have a 94 GT that Ive had for about 3 years now. It just rolled over, are you ready.... 175,OOO!! Im surprised it has lasted this long on stock internal everything. Anyways, just recently, my water temp and oil pressure have been extremely high :shrug: .. I replaced the water pump about 7-8 months ago and had an oil change done about 3 months ago. I have also noticed that the water temp and oil pressure are proportional, meaning when one goes up, so does the other... The only thing I can think of would be the engine is not getting as much oil flow due to something impeding the flow, causing the engine to heat up warmer, therefore explaining the high water temp... :bang: Maybe the oil filter?? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

check your grounds, like the batt. to chassis, batt. to block, and block to chassis. I had the exact same thing with my guages and it got to the point the car would not start anylonger. I traced the problem to the block to chassis ground and no more issues.

OOhhh... well that makes a lot of sense. I noticed that lately my starter has had a little trouble turning the motor over, so I will have to make sure and check the grounds. Where would the ground wires be at? Im assuming it would be pretty easy to find, but you never know. Im heading out of town til Weds, so Ill make sure to check when I get back.. Thanks for the feedback:nice:

So it finally happened... I was getting in the car yesterday to go to work, turned the key, and nothing happened. :bang: So talking to a few airline mechanics at work, who happen to be very familiar with electrical systems, told me the advice given by blksn955.o was dead on. Went back home, connected a set of jumper cables from negative terminal to the engine, and fired up no problem!! Thank you very much for the excellent diagnosis, blksn955.o!!! :hail2: Now if I can only figure out where the ground cable connects to the block. Is it on the driver side, kinda near the bottom of the engine? and do I need to jack up the car to get to it? :shrug:

The batt. to block ground is on the timing cover just behind-ish the P/S and A/C bracket. To get to it with the most room to work with jacking it up and getting under it will be best.

It would also be a good time to replace the block to chassis ground as its only about 14in of like 8ga wire and right in a preaty close location were the batt. to block ground is (one end is on one of the motor mount bolt right around the oil filter) and crosses over to the frame rail. Just one of those might as well while your under it messing with that system things if you ask me...would prob. cost 10$ or less if you have car audio stuff around.

Glad I could have been some help and good luck with the fix.:cheers: