Help with fuel system

brian69

Jun 29, 2010
Just bought a A1000 fuel pump and regulator, rails etc. Installing a Vortech on a 306. I need a diagram of the correct way to plumb lines at rails and to regulator, any help is appriciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Just be sure not to mount the regulator to the firewall as it is not NHRA legal if you plan to race the car....more and more tracks are not letting that slide by anymore.

You can also run the feed line to a Y-block and feed the rear of the rails, then the lines from the front go to the side ports of the regulator, then return out the bootm.

If you run a -10 feed to the Y-block, -8 to the rails and regulator, and a -6 return you'll safely feed over 1000HP.

Here's a pic of a customers car of mine, I feed the rear of the rails, run the lines back to the regulator and return out the back like I mentioned above, this keeps the fuel lines as far from the turbo and heat as possible.

Attachments

• 93 Cobra Turbo.jpg
    93 Cobra Turbo.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 73
Why exactly are you building a fuel system for a 306? Are you using a race engine block?
The stock fuels system can support over 500rwhp, which is more than the block is capable of.