help with ride hieght set up

sleeper95

Apr 1, 2009
i just bought a 96 gt and i want to get some lowering springs for it.
i was wondering what a good brand is and also what height, i want it pretty low on stock 17' gt rims.

• Sponsors (?)

pretty low would be sportlines. but alot of people complain of the rears sagging and them being bouncy. With any lowering spring it is recommended that you get struts and shock. C springs are comin but give it a raked look. Alot of people go with H&Rs too but I have no experience with those but they look good in the pics. I have sportlines with stock struts and let me tell you, its rough! But it looks good. I am getting Bilsteins within a few weeks and sticking with sportlines. Ill let you know how it rides if you havent decided by then. Hope this helps.

Your best bang for the buck is to get a shock/strut/spring combo on ebay. I got the Tokico one and was very pleased, i think i payed less than 350$....it lowers about an inch all the way around, just enough to where you don't have to get Caster Camber plates.

If you just want to do your springs, then i recommend the FRPP C Springs (you don't need cc plates with these) if you don't want to spend too much.

Or if you don't mind spending more the Eibachs and H&R's are nice but you will need CC plates because they lower more than in inch all the way around.