Here we go AGAIN.....

Yet another hurricane has decided it loves South Florida :notnice: . My stang was flooded after Katrina now Rita seems to want to do it again :( . We're not getting a direct hit BUT we are getting the "dirty" side of the storm. Pretty much we'll get our asses beat by the stronger side of the cane. I can't wait to move to South Carolina next year, house insurance should go up (while some insurance companies will drop cane insurance all together) even more next year. Hopefully we won't get flooded to bad but Florida City is prone to flooding since we live almost sea level like the Keys. Price we pay for living in paradise most of the year I guess.

• Sponsors (?)

But you have to deal with all of thoes bad snow storms and icy roads. I don't think I could live up north. It wasn't until last year the hurricanes really got bad here in FL... well at least where I live. For the almost 20 years I've lived here (my whole life) last year was the first time I ever remember losing power during a hurricane.

Driving in snow is no big deal really. If its bad, stay home :)

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind living in FL but not in the middle of no where, it would have to be a city area. I got family in central FL. Not a fan of hicks/rednecks lol.

Snow up north? Not always....

Mid Vancouver Island rarely goes below 0 degrees at any time in the year. One to two snowfall average per year, lasting as long as 4 days before everything comes back to normal. No hurricane's, a lot of rain in the wintertime, but never anything to worry about.

Wytstang, sorry to hear about the horrible weather man...I'd be already on route to S.C. if I were you. That place just seems like a danger zone this year

best of luck, you're in our prayers

1105 said:
It wasn't until last year the hurricanes really got bad here in FL... well at least where I live. For the almost 20 years I've lived here (my whole life) last year was the first time I ever remember losing power during a hurricane.

:stupid: agreed. up until last year we only had 3-5 storms a year. they always seem to steer away from broward anyways at least for the 16 years ive been here. i even had directTV in katrina :banana:

xr8d302 said:
Wytstang, sorry to hear about the horrible weather man...I'd be already on route to S.C. if I were you. That place just seems like a danger zone this year

best of luck, you're in our prayers
No can do not until the g/f gets stationed there in Nov (AFB in Charleston S.C) then I have to wait until she gets permission to move off base. I've lived here all my life and love the weather most of the year. Like mentioned up until last year did we become a magnet (especially in my location). I look at the bright side of my location, 15 min from the Keys and 45 min from South Beach ass to the left of me and ass to the right of me all in bikini's :banana: .

xr8d302 said:
Snow up north? Not always....

Mid Vancouver Island rarely goes below 0 degrees at any time in the year. One to two snowfall average per year, lasting as long as 4 days before everything comes back to normal. No hurricane's, a lot of rain in the wintertime, but never anything to worry about.
Anything below 70 is to freakin cold, living in mid 80*/high 90* weather all your life is a joy imo. SC is going to be a challenge for me in the winters but with the AF paying for most cost of living I'll manage :D.

wytstang said:
Anything below 70 is to freakin cold, living in mid 80*/high 90* weather all your life is a joy imo. SC is going to be a challenge for me in the winters but with the AF paying for most cost of living I'll manage :D.

ok, yeah, well that's pretty bad, but still, not freezing over in the winter is a canadian miracle :shrug:

wytstang said:
I don't know man, I was up in TN in 30* weather out in shorts and a jacket and wasnt freezing my ass off. Down here we have like a wet cold, up there from my experience it has felt like a dry cold if that makes any sense. I like the cold weather better, but it can get too cold.