High priced II

jeffnoel

Founding Member
Aug 31, 2002
Clovis, CA
This guy is nuts.:crazy:

1975 II Coupe on eBay for $19K, not mine.

The auction started at $22K then was lowered to $19K yesterday. I have contacted the seller twice, first to make sure the starting price wasn't a typo (it wasn't), and the second time to tell him that although nice it's not as rare as he thinks. Then he told me this;

"jeff the parts i have used to fix the motor up, and the things done to it make it so expensive. I got alot of racing gear in her. For example the motor is chained to the frame. I thought that color brings out my eyes and eccentuates the sky. I like blue cars and will continue my passion for blue."

• Sponsors (?)

It looks like he is trying to get back what he put into it, or even make money off of it. He doesn't seem to realize that it doesn't work that way with race cars. He'll learn though, when no one bids on his auction. It is a pretty blue though :D

jeffnoel said:
"jeff the parts i have used to fix the motor up, and the things done to it make it so expensive. I got alot of racing gear in her. For example the motor is chained to the frame. I thought that color brings out my eyes and eccentuates the sky. I like blue cars and will continue my passion for blue."

Sounds like the price isn't the only thing that's "high".

jeffnoel said:
I thought that color brings out my eyes and eccentuates the sky. I like blue cars and will continue my passion for blue."
greddy2.gif

That guys sounds about as gay as a bag of D*cks. Hanging out with him would be about as cool as playing leap frog with unicorns. I think its funny how he listed the price of his stereo system *****. He certainly doesn't know much about cars from what I gathered by reading his discription of the car and he had to of got it stuck to him and now he's trying to dig himself out of a hole. He's most likely some young punk with to much of mommies or daddies money to spend. I'm glad I seen that. I'm always up for a good laugh. Thanks guys.

Dan

Yeah I'm gonna have to agree. I'm willing to bet that there's a reciept for installation with every item he has listed, including his $70 floormats. :Teh-Win: Guy is a classical catalog builder without any common sense or real knowlege. Looking over the parts he did list, I can't see where all the money went. It's not even much of a "race" engine at all. Basically a built street engine with a nitrous system.... big deal.

Hey, if he gets $12K for it, mine will be up for sale PROMPTLY.

A few things I will point out;

1) 8 or 9 seconds in the quarter mile?

Heh. There's a huge difference between 8 and 9. That's like saying, "yeah, it's about as fast as a 747, or an SR-71 Blackbird."
8s are getting down into the holy s*** that's really fast range.

2) Cam 215/[email protected]" ?

Good cam for stock heads. Pretty similar to the stock HO roller cam specs.

3) "New Holley 700CFM Double pumper"
Good carb for a 302 that likes to rev, unless you happen to be running a mild camshaft, such as one with a duration of 215/[email protected]", in which case a 600 (or even a stock 585 from an '85 HO) carb would be more your speed.

4) C-4 transmission with Stall Converter?
A Stall converter?! Now that's almost too specific. Actually, all torque converters have a rated stall speed. Am I missing something here? hmm.

5) "Here are some of the facts about the rebuilt motor: K&N Ram air filter, New front end rubber ball joints and tire rods,"

A new air filter and a front end rebuild are considered rebuilt engine specs?

6) "This Vehicle is A 1975 Mustang II that has been altered to look like a Mustang Cobra, as you will see in the pictures"
View attachment 498750

Dude, this car would have totally fooled me had he not said it wasnt really a Cobra II. The resemblance (other than the fact that it's a coupe and looks nothing like a Cobra II) is uncanny.

7) "This car is the only kind of mustang I have ever seen on the road"

Mustangs of various styles(kinds??) have been around for a long time, I'm surprised he's never seen other kinds besides this one.

8) "It is a classic muscle car that can be driven everyday"
Actually, the term "muscle car" is supposed to refer to any car that produces about 300 hp or higher from the factory. Although I am very fond of the little IIs, at 138 factory hp, they fall pretty well short of being considered "muscle cars".

9) "Oh yeah your gonna love that part. It has a 10 lb nitrous tank and the motor was rebuilt to stand the pressure of the gas"

No, I really don't love that part. I prefer naturally aspirated high output engines, but the motors that do run forced induction, I would want to be built to withstand the high heat and stresses associated with artificially enhanced ungodly volumetric efficiencies, not "rebuilt to stand the pressure of the gas", because frankly, that would make me a little nervous.

I wouldnt buy this car, unless it was under $500, because I am assuming everything is wrong with it.

"The car has a built in roll cage and I was told that it would go so fast that the driver had to wear a helmet."

:rlaugh: Sounds like he was told alot of things. and he bought them all hook line and sinker.

It's a nice looking car (for a coupe). I'd even go so far as to say it's one of the best looking coupes I've seen ...EXCEPT for that hideous fugly wing. Totally out of place on a II. Reminds me of the late model Eldorado I see on my way to work about 3 days a week...wing on an Eldo, what were they thinking? I guess we can be thankful it doesn't have one of those fake carriage roofs on it (which the Eldo does).

danimaltheanima said:
That guys sounds about as gay as a bag of D*cks.

Exactly how gay is that?

Has anyone actually e-mailed the guy to let him know he's trying to get $1 for every fart he has ever let in his life. I'm just curious to see what he's done with the interior, and whether the engine is actually a V8. I'm quite skeptical about this car. It would be a good solid car to make a convertible if he were willing to sell it for a "sane" price

77sleeper said:
ran in the 8s or 9s, but I see no mention of a roll cage

Maybe it runs 8s or 9s in the 1/8th? At the local 1/8 track here you need a helmet at 8.5. I for one would not mind seeing the II's get a little respect when it comes to value even though is he is clearly nuts.

Also noticed the picture is nearly a YEAR OLD! Wonder what it looks like now?