HOLY CRAP, IT IS GREAT BEING BLOWN!

98stangv8

Oct 3, 2003
fayetteville, nc
WOW, I just got my car back yesterday...I can't believe how hard it pulls through every single gear...even in 4th at like 20mph it accelerates really hard...

Here are some final install pics:

blower2.jpg

blower4.jpg

blower5.jpg

blower6.jpg

blower7.jpg

blower8.jpg

blower1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah almost nothing beats getting blown...:D

Those numbers in your sig are pretty damn nice, I bet it runs like a raped ape.

I'm just gonna suggest not punching it from 20mph in 4th gear, lugging the engine like that is actually very stressful on it.

In your sig, you mentioned P&P Stage2 heads and cams - did the shop do anything to lower the compression before the blower? What's the compression like now?

From what I've read, doing a headswap with cams on pre-99's ups the compression too much to use a blower safely without using different pistons.

Thanks.. and the #'s are sick btw :nice:

In your sig, you mentioned P&P Stage2 heads and cams - did the shop do anything to lower the compression before the blower? What's the compression like now?

From what I've read, doing a headswap with cams on pre-99's ups the compression too much to use a blower safely without using different pistons.

Where in his sig does it say PI heads?

I had pretty conservative cams...My compression is 9.8:1...I had that on my N/a car and kept it for the blower...

I have VT heads...

i dont know. im not even close to bored with mine yet. however, it is not my daily driver. every time i get in it its like getting on a roller coster!

seriously the blower is great. third gear pulls are sick. the car pulls so fast!

i am still working out some tuning bugs though and would like to get closer to 600rwhp.

Tell me about it. I only had my car tuned 2 weeks ago and am already bored with 661rwhp.

lol well i wish i had that much power. heck im around maybe 440rwhp still havent dynoed her hahaha. i would like about 500rwhp for a street car should be fun for a kb.

but yea if you want more power just use spray. I think anymore than 500rwhp on the street is nuts lol cant even use what i have now so spray will be perfect for the track only more power when i want it. :nice:

i dont know. im not even close to bored with mine yet. however, it is not my daily driver. every time i get in it its like getting on a roller coster!

seriously the blower is great. third gear pulls are sick. the car pulls so fast!

i am still working out some tuning bugs though and would like to get closer to 600rwhp.

You are going to have to do some serious work to get to 600rwhp...I still need to put on long tubes...which will be by next project when I have 1500 to spend...

im nowhere near tired of 500 but why not have a bit more! lol!

i wanted about 520 out of my current set up. i didnt get it on the dyno. however, i might actually have it. it is not fully tuned. there was some small complications with the blow through set up. i could only pull the car to 6000 rpm and made 507rwhp. this set up is capable now to pull to 6500rpm so i should actuall have a little more then i have listed.

anyway, i have a 14psi and i could pulley down a notch. i also still dont have an aftermarket intake so there is some power there to be had. 600 maybe not.

realistically i would like to hit 580rwhp. im not sure dropping to a 2.8 pulley and an intake would add that much pulling to 6500 but we will see.

if not i could step up to stage 2 cams...i only have stage 1 customs. i dont want to lose the bottom end i have though just trying to hit higher peak numbers.

it will take some time but i will get it together and let you guys know.