How lucky you are

I hope you guys that already have your cars realize just how lucky you are. I'm still looking at getting my car late summer/early fall, but I wanted to satisfy my curiosity and take a test drive since I've got the week off. After scouring the internet I found that you can basically count on both hands the number of 2005 GT's on dealer lots in the entire central NJ area. I did find one at Warnok Ford in Morristown, a redfire GT manual, so into the car my buddy and I go for a 1/2 hour road trip. We get there and the car has plates on it, big 19 inch aftermarket chrome rims and tires (that looked a little bling to be honest) and a soda can in the cupholder. We thought someone owned the car but it turns out they're using it as a tester, but they will sell it to you if you want it (with, at that time, 120 miles on the clock), with the rims and tires for over 30 grand. They did tell me though that they are selling cars for MSRP, so if anyone's looking in this area you might want to check them out. They told me someone had just left that was gonna buy the car for his 16 year old kid for his upcoming birthday, but he backed out at the last minute, must be nice. Anyway, they were really nice and they let us take it for a 20 minute ride. All I have to say is, WOW, it is everything I hoped it would be and then some. More importantly, it is everything a Mustang should be, loud, rumbly, and full of attitude, and I am absolutely in love with it. Performance wise it is as I expected, but what I didn't expect is how tight the car is, how it feels like it's cut from a solid block of metal. No rattles, no shakes, nothing, just very solid feeling. Also, and this may be just because I haven't been around modern Mustangs lately, but it was LOUD! I thought maybe they had put aftermarket exhaust on it as well. Driving with the windows up you really get alot of sound coming into the cabin, which is a good thing in my opinion, reminds me of whats under the hood.

Anyway, i just wanted to say that now I'm all the more jealous of you guys that already have your cars, how lucky you are. Taking the test drive was probably the worst thing I could do, now I'm gonna go nuts waiting to get this thing.

• Sponsors (?)