How many Original 5.0 coupes out there?

Bazooka1

Mar 14, 2020
California
Purchased my 90 back in 2005 from a lady who had no idea what she had nor did she really care she just wanted to sell it. Crystal blue AOD 101k center arm rest delete.

Car is pretty much all original only thing I’ve changed is color matched the black trim other than that silencer, vin tags on all panels etc are all there.

How many folks here have a mostly original Factory 5.0 car? Let’s see em.

B95EB2ED-AAAB-4434-8E9E-8037A2EC1FD2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Ya, you'll find more guys here with former 4 cylinder auto notchbacks that have been converted to 5.0 T-5s than bone stock notchbacks. I would go so far to say that driving a stock fox body now with the rear drums and 205 horsepower is dangerous. Freakin' freeways are straight out of Minority Report.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Purchased my 90 back in 2005 from a lady who had no idea what she had nor did she really care she just wanted to sell it. Crystal blue AOD 101k center arm rest delete.

Car is pretty much all original only thing I’ve changed is color matched the black trim other than that silencer, vin tags on all panels etc are all there.

How many folks here have a mostly original Factory 5.0 car? Let’s see em.

B95EB2ED-AAAB-4434-8E9E-8037A2EC1FD2.jpeg
Love that blue

The first two I owned were brand new and I drove them off the lot. Bone stock until they were sold. My current Fox is no where near stock, and it's a lot more fun than the stock ones ever were. What's the obsession with finding a bone stock fox? These things were built cheap and mass produced. Perfect platform to modify.

I wonder how many 5.0 coupes are left compared to the hatches, stock or not. MM&FF magazine (and other mags) stressed they were the solid but lighter ones and I bet trashed a third in the first ten years.

The first two I owned were brand new and I drove them off the lot. Bone stock until they were sold. My current Fox is no where near stock, and it's a lot more fun than the stock ones ever were. What's the obsession with finding a bone stock fox? These things were built cheap and mass produced. Perfect platform to modify.
It’s no different than trying to find an unmolested 60,s mustang, camaro etc you just don’t see em much and if you do they’ll command more money than the modified examples.

But of course different strokes for different folks no biggie.

Can you imagine finding a one owner bone stock 68 428 CJ mustang? Most were cut up and drag raced. The only ones left are restored. Hoping some day my 88 stocker will get just a tiny bit of that respect. Originals are a fun walk back in time for those who bought them new (or dreamed of it like me)! My 2 cents.

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_200438386.jpg
    IMG_20200313_200438386.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
The lure of finding a bone stock fox, for the most part, is not having to put up with the 'it's got a 408 stroker in it' when in reality it's just a run of the mill 5.0 or the hack job someone did to the wiring you can't see or the 'flippers' that will get it running just good enough it make it home not to mention the rust and body damage hidden by bondo.
Just my thoughts.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
The lure of finding a bone stock fox, for the most part, is not having to put up with the 'it's got a 408 stroker in it' when in reality it's just a run of the mill 5.0 or the hack job someone did to the wiring you can't see or the 'flippers' that will get it running just good enough it make it home not to mention the rust and body damage hidden by bondo.
Just my thoughts.
The problem with finding a clean example now is most folks know what they have now so they are not letting em go. I can’t think of another car from the fox body era that was massed produced that commands such demand now.

I also have a thirdgen Firebird formula and some of these like the irocs are starting to be a bit more appreciated but nothing like a fox mustang not even close yet.

That silver looks awesome looks like it still shines like new.

Thumbs up on those 10 holes aswell.

thank you. When I bought the car, I was thinking about replacing the 10 holes with the ford 5 star ponies. However, that changed as the 10 holes really grew on me and everybody seems to have the ford pony rims. I wanted to be a little different and keep the rims that she was born with.