how many people here are in college?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm wouldn't be shocked if over half of the people on Stangnet (regulars that is) are in college or in that age range. I spend at least 6 hours a day behind a computer screen, so I am bound to get on Stangnet quite a bit. I couldn't imagine my father being on an internet chat forum, no offense to the elders of Stangnet, but that is more common for college people.

donjohn said:
University of California, Irvine/ 3rd year/ Electrical Engineering

Working and College = SUCKS

Welcome to my life man, been working since im at college 25hrs\week.
12 hrs shifts on week-end... I have no social life at all because of work, it sux majorly, and my grades are taking a
dump tho :(

i'm about to drop out but i am 4th year in electric engeineering: PST

TD, stick with it just to get the sheepskin. You can do go something totally unlrelated after you get the paper. Just MHO.

Good luck.

4th year at Indiana University of PA, major is criminology and minor in sociology. Probably gonna take me another semester so i'll be in for 4 1/2 years lol. not really interested in my field too much anymore...but i figure theres no point in changing this late and most people dont even go into their fields anyways.

WhiteStallionGT said:
TheDamned, don't quit now. You are so close, get that degree and do something else. That degree will definitely give you a step up on your competition when applying for any job. If you quit right now, your 4 years and your money have been wasted.

I agree....even if you go into something not even remotely close to engineering, it shows you had the discipline to get through the program. That shows a lot. But if u quit now...well...you look like a quiter.

I could see if u were in your 1st or 2nd year, but you've gone through so much, you deserve to finish. I think twice about getting a Mechanical Engineering degree...and i always tell myself "you have gone this far, you are going to finish!"

Stick it out bro.:nice:

TheDamned said:
because i dont like the stuff enough to make a living out of it.. im really not pasionnate like the other students in my classes.

yea man... i don't like the stuff much and am not that passionate, BUT i work as an intern at a major governmental contractor and i'm not doing anything to do with my major

i'm freakin programming... how does that make sence... but all you need is that title and your pay check gets bumped by like 30k.

DO IT!!!!

TheDamned said:
because i dont like the stuff enough to make a living out of it.. im really not pasionnate like the other students in my classes.

I'm with everyone else here...just the fact that you have a bachelor's degree (regardless of the field) gets you more $$$ a year! I've been a witness to it first hand. Even experience in the field doesn't get you as much cash as a degree gets you.