How much boost can be run....

Was wondering how much boost that can be put in a 4.6 with forged rods, forged pistons (dished), steel crank. running on pump gas (91 octane)

and will it drag itself on higher rpm with stock heads?

Want to do a kenne bell blower

And if anyone has this type of setup what kind of horsepower numbers are you putting up, very interested to know.

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure if KB is the same, but with procharger the max reliable boost for 8.5-1 compression is between 21 and 22 psi according to their graph...BTW thats on 92 octain, with "moderate timing", and plenty of fuel in the cylinders.Personally I wouldnt take it over 18PSI...thats what the 8.5-1 cobra motors are pushing with KBs anyways so it should be fairly safe.

I wrote Kenne Bell asking them this same question, they will say that the melting point of forged internal is not that much greater than stock, and that because of the way the Kenne Bell blowers work with full boost at 2000rpm the stock rods will be fine. As for how much boost, the told me 450 rwhp, 9psi in shoot out mode and 12 psi in power mode. This what they wrote, the link brings you to there website.
""450 RWHP
OR ABOUT 12 PSI IN POWER MODE OR 9 PSI IN SHOOT OUT MODE
http://kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/gt96-03_2v/gt96-03_2.htm""
:D

Now for the serious response:

For street use I would just stick with the 6-9Psi kits. You don't really need anything higher than that unless you are going to be doing some hard core racing. You can find some really good kits out there that will be in the 6-9 range and you won't have to take out a second mortgage on your house.