how much boost?

DesertFox331

Jul 8, 2011
ok so my question is how much boost to run with my set up. have a stock block studded top and bottom with arp studs and a main girdle. scat 331 stroker kit, 4340 forged crank, forged H-beam rods. probe srs pistons 9.0:1 cr. entire rotating assembly balanced. trick flow top end kit with street intake and stage 1 cam (probably goin to change cam and intake and have heads ported).and i plan on a supercharger later so my question is how much boost should i run with this set up in a stock block. this is going to be a dd as well. and yes i am goin to have it dyno tuned. if i left anything out im sorry just ask and ill post it. thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Its going to depend on you fuel setup. Im running 12-13 psi with stock lines and rails and I can only rev to 5500 before I run lean. Once you start looking at around 15+psi your gonna run into 93 octane not being enough, so if pump gas is your goal I wouldnt go to much higher than 14-15. Remember your block is beefed up, like mine is, but it's still a stock block.

thanks and yea i know im still limited by the stock block. but really i planed on only runnin 8-10psi max. and probably wind up doin the complete fuel system rails lines everything.

keep the power under 500rwhp (450 if you want to be conservative), keep the boost under 15 psi, keep the AFR at WOT at 11.5:1 and dial your timing in conservatively starting at 16* and working up from there on degree at a time, but when you reach peak power and it starts to drop off, back it off 2* to keep it safe

my sb let go just under 500, once your in that range your on borrowed time, could last 10 years could last 10 seconds.

thats when I baught the dart SB which is for sale now, but that put all these worries to end