how much should i pay for...

NKau: I live about 40 miles north east of madison
Nostalgia: thanks for the pictures i know where to look now... how hard is it to reinforce them yourself?

Ive been looking in the wisconsin, illinois and michigan area, alot of nice vehicles in detroit area but its pretty far from where i am

Yes the main thing im looking for is a solid body where everything works, I dont want to get a vehicle thats a hacked up sucker with alot of mods but ac/heat,windows, speedometer whatever dont work
if theres mods on it thats great tho less i gotta do later I found a pretty nice machine close by where i live 72k miles, everything works , Texas car with no rust, but he is asking a lil high for it he wanted 5k firm its a 5 speed not sure about mods i forgot...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...93&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=23

i talked with him on the phone hes about 30 miles away no test drive unless im serious about buying, id have to go check it out but i think 5 is a lil high he only take cash so cant get adeal by offering buncha cash :p

• Sponsors (?)

NKau: I live about 40 miles north east of madison
Nostalgia: thanks for the pictures i know where to look now... how hard is it to reinforce them yourself?

Ive been looking in the wisconsin, illinois and michigan area, alot of nice vehicles in detroit area but its pretty far from where i am

Yes the main thing im looking for is a solid body where everything works, I dont want to get a vehicle thats a hacked up sucker with alot of mods but ac/heat,windows, speedometer whatever dont work
if theres mods on it thats great tho less i gotta do later I found a pretty nice machine close by where i live 72k miles, everything works , Texas car with no rust, but he is asking a lil high for it he wanted 5k firm its a 5 speed not sure about mods i forgot...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...93&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=23

i talked with him on the phone hes about 30 miles away no test drive unless im serious about buying, id have to go check it out but i think 5 is a lil high he only take cash so cant get adeal by offering buncha cash :p

I know where that place is; I bank in Watertown, so that's not far from me. I could go scope that thing out for you next time I have to run to del banco. For $5K, it better be a VERY NICE stock car.

The thing is that its not on the lot right now, midwest autosales doesnt own the vehicle the guy next door does he had it on the lot till the snow started flying although i would really appreciate someone experienced scoping it out, let me know if you want the guys number that owns it but yea i thought 5 was high but id have to see it i guess .

for 5k i was hoping to get semthin with some horsepower around 300 at least.

thats cool somone on here lives in wisconsin maybe you can help me out with what mods to put on and such once i get something going in fact maybe if i can get a ride there ill go check it out, its snowing here tho right now cpl inches on the ground already
i actually was suposed to call him and let him know whether i was comin there today but i shyed away when he said he was pretty firm

The thing is that its not on the lot right now, midwest autosales doesnt own the vehicle the guy next door does he had it on the lot till the snow started flying although i would really appreciate someone experienced scoping it out, let me know if you want the guys number that owns it but yea i thought 5 was high but id have to see it i guess .

for 5k i was hoping to get semthin with some horsepower around 300 at least.

thats cool somone on here lives in wisconsin maybe you can help me out with what mods to put on and such once i get something going in fact maybe if i can get a ride there ill go check it out, its snowing here tho right now cpl inches on the ground already
i actually was suposed to call him and let him know whether i was comin there today but i shyed away when he said he was pretty firm

The guy next door parts out mustangs, and he's always high as far as prices go. I see that thing has peeling clearcoat on the bumpers, the window trim looks pretty nasty (probably kept outside it's whole life), the fog lights were removed for some reason (guys remove the foglight brackets for racing purposes; takes 50 lbs. off the front end). I definitely don't get the vibe that this car is an unmolested, nice original 72K mile car. My guess is that he's already $2,000 too high on price, but I could be wrong.

If this is the same guy I'm thinking of, I can probably talk to one of his friends from watertown and get the real scoop on the car for you.

You should be able to find a decent modified car for what you're looking to spend. Always be careful about buying a car that someone else has been working on though. Not all people that work on cars are necessarily competent mechanics, and will cause more problems than they fix a lot of times.

If there are any cars close by that you want help checking out, just let me know.

yea i noticed the flaking on the front bumper too.
I always hate buying used cars cuz you never know what ur gettin really even if you really chekc it out
if its legit ill go look at it and offer him 4k if he dont take it to bad ill go elsewhere

yes get the scoop on the vehicle any information you can, ask his buddy if he wil go lower on price if possible... also if you hear anything about other nice mustangs in the area for sale let me know, I provided my cell phone number in a private message my name is Kyle