How Much To Fix Rust Problem?

Trenthona1

Apr 28, 2013
There is a 89 foxbody for sell and i wanna buy it but it has rust in the rear and front quarter panels and a little on the bottom of the doors. How much would I be looking at to repair and paint it?

• Sponsors (?)

I would pass and keep looking. Is it just surface rust, or is it through panels? From my experience, I would much rather pay the extra grand or two for a complete rust free car, or close to it. Rust is very hard to repair and contain properly.

I would pass and keep looking. Is it just surface rust, or is it through panels? From my experience, I would much rather pay the extra grand or two for a complete rust free car, or close to it. Rust is very hard to repair and contain properly.

I agree. I found rust on my car after I bought it that the PO did not disclose. I went through a decent amount of effort to contain it but it will always lurk in the back of my head until it bites me in the a$$ one day.

Yup, I paid on the high side for my '87 because she is mostly rust free. Chassis and under carriage are pristine, as well as the engine bay. I do need a new hatch though b/c of scabby rust, but it is contained just to the hatch.

I totally agree!

In all truthfulness, it best to buy a car already loaded with parts and nice!!! By the time you get all the things on it you want, you will have well spent 3 - 4 times the amount not to mention time! Save up if you don't have it now... IMO. I'm spending $$$, like-leaves-falling-off-the-trees-in-fall, right now on my project car.

Reactions: 1 user
I totally agree!

In all truthfulness, it best to buy a car already loaded with parts and nice!!! By the time you get all the things on it you want, you will have well spent 3 - 4 times the amount not to mention time! Save up if you don't have it now... IMO. I'm spending $$$, like-leaves-falling-off-the-trees-in-fall, right now on my project car.

Here here!! Seems like the river of money never stops flowing... I'm never happy with it as it sits.