how would cheap summit turbo mufflers sound?

• Sponsors (?)

I have run Blackjack/Thrush/Dynomax's least expensive turbo mufflers on my Capri for years, and on the 82 up until the Super 40 install this spring.

I thought they were quiet enough to be socially acceptable anywhere. Especially on the Capri with tail pipes. They never had that sharp loud sound that I wanted. Probably only a half tenth difference on the track also.

ahh cant handle the bullets :nonono:

I agree if you do not have tailpipes get them put on, I believe youll be more satisfied. The exhaust guy that did mine said he would keep my tailpipes for a week because he knew Id be back to get them put on, still havent gone back for them :) But if its too loud get tail pipes, you cant say you get what you pay for because bullets are 30 bucks and their great mufflers, but I wouldnt go with a summit brand, honestly If i hadent bought these bullets yet id talk to exploding gopher and his mufflers, talk to him, for alittle cash Im sure he can make something like the bullets but alittle quieter, I think he said he made something like bullets but chambered? Talk to him.

Can anyone show me a clip of these cheap bullets? I am going for my exhaust next tues and will prolly get thrush mufflers, but with an o/r h pipe. Should I get the cheapo napa bullets instead with the o/r h?
All my buddies have that setup with their trucks, and I dont want my car to sound like a "rappa tappa tappa" loud as truck...

Any help here? I dont see how they could sound very fitting for a mustang if they sound like that on my friends trucks with v8's. (305's and 350's)

If they will sound good then I might go with them instead.

Stock headers, unknown o/r hpipe, and bullet mufflers with no tailpipes. Long tubes are going in soon. I am warning you again for alot of people it is TOO loud, I think its perfect, I think its how every muscle car should sound, its a newer looking car and you just dont expect such a deep sound coming from a car like that, it catches people off gaurd and they love it.

Heres what it looks like

1002037ip6.jpg

These are the exact ones I ordered.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WLK-24215&N=700+0&autoview=sku

Oh and foxfan sorry to steal thread :), get tailpipes :nice:

Attachments

• 1002037ip6.jpg
    1002037ip6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 117
spiff said:
Yeah sorry to hiijack.
Thanks again mob, I'll definately look into it, If the muffler shop has some in stock then I'll do that for sure.

they should have them in stock, their well known race mufflers, if they dont look for a local speed shop. If you go through summit though, shipping is free just a 9 dollar handling charge and theyll be at your door in no more then 3 days, actually not sure about canada

Itll help if you take that picture to a shop, print it out in black and white or something, most shops had no idea what i was trying to do when I told them and they quoted me 120 bucks, luckly my dad knew a guy who only charged me 60 just to cut off the tailpipes and weld the mufflers on, and because stock mustang mufflers are offset mufflers and these are straight through, he'll have to weld them in at an angle like mine so he can use tailpipes.

Yeah I'll go tomorrow and take your pic or show them the thread. So, do I was also wondering if say you're driving and pass a cop or something, if you're out of the throttle are they super quiet, but once you give it a slight bit of gas they start screaming? Or are they loud all the time? haha

I want to go loud, so I'll go with these. If its too loud I can always do something about that later, I'd rather have it too loud than have it too quiet and be wishing I'd gone with these.

nah, let off the gas, hit the clutch and cruise till you pass the cop, the rpms will be dropping so you wont even hear the sound of your car youll just hear wind, at idle their not louder then flowmasters, once you get past 2krpm they SCREAM, once you get past 4krpm, its like nascar.

heres a good incar clip, 40mph 2nd gear roll, the video was made for another purpose but itll do, you get the idea of normal driving, high rpms and letting off the gas. Turn up your volume ALOT, speakers on my camera arent good.

http://media.putfile.com/40rollgear

not sure how strict cops are over there, ive heard of people at school getting tickets for their civic being too loud but Ive NEVER been pulled over for my exhaust, I pass cops at high rpms not problem, as long as im not speed or dont take off at the light spinning i usually go pretty fast to piss them off without breaking the law, never had anything said to me about my exhaust though, i dont even worry about it, then again, i am in florida so no emissions = no cats, but still could get pulled over if its too loud.

That sounds awesome in the video, I will absolutely love them if they dont rap a tap tap tap.. I still dont get why a glasspack would do that and these don't... There is practically nothing too them! haha.

edit: I was up until now planning to go with cheapo Thrush mufflers... I think they would sound good, But I always hear that they're really quiet... Im not spending 450-500 for something quiter than what I have now...