how would cheap summit turbo mufflers sound?

Im not a fan of the bullet mufflers either. They sound like my magnaflows did when I had them dumped. They sounded so crappy I ordered a new magnaflow catback a month later.

Spiff, dont be supprised if the exhaust shop wont do it. Some places have laws against dumped exhaust and exhaust shops wont install them or cut the tail pipes off unless tail pipes are going back on. Its like that were I live.

• Sponsors (?)

795.0pacecar said:
Im not a fan of the bullet mufflers either. They sound like my magnaflows did when I had them dumped. They sounded so crappy I ordered a new magnaflow catback a month later.

Spiff, dont be supprised if the exhaust shop wont do it. Some places have laws against dumped exhaust and exhaust shops wont install them or cut the tail pipes off unless tail pipes are going back on. Its like that were I live.

oh really? Well, the car already is dumped, it just has cats in it still, I've already talked to the guy at the shop and he'll do it dumped no problem thankfully. I don't have any inspection worries either, thankfully.

i got my exhaust hangers welded on today finally. I havnet had hangers since my motor swap. I had hose clamps and clothes hangers holding it up haha.

Anyways i think i will keep the bullets, they sound good, i think my problem is my leaky exhaust, i have some leaks and the header and it kind of gives it a gay sound. at WOT its sick though. If i get rid of them i know i'll regret it. Plus i am the only mustang with different mufflers. Everyone else has flowmasters. Once i tweak teh exhaust where it doesnt leak i bet it will sound better.

It sounds EXACTLY like yours mob lol exactly.

Foxfan88 said:
Once i tweak teh exhaust where it doesnt leak i bet it will sound better.

It sounds EXACTLY like yours mob lol exactly.

you saying my exhaust sounds like crap?!?! You saying I have leaks?!?!

lol jk :D

my buddy had the summit cat back on his 5.0 with an off road h pipe and they sounded cool but i think it was the lack of cats more then anything. the tail pipes with the summit mufflers are hideous too.

mob said:
you saying my exhaust sounds like crap?!?! You saying I have leaks?!?!

lol jk :D

lol sounds the same besides the leaks. I cant hear leaks over the net, i can hear them in person though when i am driving my car. mostly at idle. once i get going it so loud i cant hear it anymore haha