Hows This Setup??

302stangGT

Feb 1, 2004
aiite this is what i decided to go with 4 the stock 92: 3.73 gears(cause its a DD), o/r h pipe, flowmaster 2 chambers, transgo shift kit for the aod, performer intake, posi rear, Mac CAI, 65 mm T.B, Pro M 75 MAF, and AFR 165cc heads when i get the money for them.

hows tht sound and how much hp u think ill get out of it??

• Sponsors (?)

Go with the 410's for the aod. My friend has 410's in his stock 87 aod GT and they made a nice difference for him and its the recommended gear for a car like yours. His is an everyday driver also. You won't see more thann 2500rpm on the hwy.

yea definatly go for the 4.10's. i had both 3.73's and 4.10's on my car(its an AOD). and the 4.10's were so much better. at like 70, im at 2500rpms. Dont fear the gear!!
You also might wanna look into the trick flow's intake and heads. i heard tht they give a lil more top end. but im not sure

Are you getting a cam to go along with those AFR's? Here is my suggestion...As in regards to the AOD...I had one untill I converted and I strongly recommend you do this all in one time to avoid the charges of pulling your tranny out each time you want to add a new part to it...unless you can do that yourself...1st as someone already mentioned look into a lentech manual valve body...you will have to **** the auto just like a stick to get into the gears...Transgo makes a great shift kit...get that as well...You should really get a stall converter of no less than 3000 stall if you already have the tranny pulled...DO NOT go with B&M or TCI...Hughes is good and I think some people here like Edge stall converters...ART CARR and CONE are the best but price as hell...Now I use to have an AOD and had 3.73...not very impressed...I suggest goint to 4.10...unless you do a lot of highway driving than you should not worry about the gear...Also Stay away from the 75mm Bullet MAF...with your set up I would strongly recommend a Pro-M 80mm...you can get a big mouth inlet tube that connects from the MAF to the TB that way you will get the turbulent effect of the CAI for half the price and it will actually keep the air cooler than the MAC CAI...Pro-M has it right on their website...as far as TB goes stay away from BBK/Edelbrock/MAC...get either accufab or Ford Racing...Mustangs already have a posi rear...Get a nice cam...I would suggest a custom cam from FTI for the AFR's to really wake them up...

Highbredcloud said:
Are you getting a cam to go along with those AFR's? Here is my suggestion...As in regards to the AOD...I had one untill I converted and I strongly recommend you do this all in one time to avoid the charges of pulling your tranny out each time you want to add a new part to it...unless you can do that yourself...1st as someone already mentioned look into a lentech manual valve body...you will have to **** the auto just like a stick to get into the gears...Transgo makes a great shift kit...get that as well...You should really get a stall converter of no less than 3000 stall if you already have the tranny pulled...DO NOT go with B&M or TCI...Hughes is good and I think some people here like Edge stall converters...ART CARR and CONE are the best but price as hell...Now I use to have an AOD and had 3.73...not very impressed...I suggest goint to 4.10...unless you do a lot of highway driving than you should not worry about the gear...Also Stay away from the 75mm Bullet MAF...with your set up I would strongly recommend a Pro-M 80mm...you can get a big mouth inlet tube that connects from the MAF to the TB that way you will get the turbulent effect of the CAI for half the price and it will actually keep the air cooler than the MAC CAI...Pro-M has it right on their website...as far as TB goes stay away from BBK/Edelbrock/MAC...get either accufab or Ford Racing...Mustangs already have a posi rear...Get a nice cam...I would suggest a custom cam from FTI for the AFR's to really wake them up...

yea i was gonna get the E303 cam but im still not sure about it...i might just stay stock for now