Hurst competiton plus or Hurst billet sst?

stang730

Apr 30, 2006
Long Island N.Y.
I need help making a decision here. Im torn between the comp plus, or billet sst. I like the comp plus, because it comes with the boot and new console plate with hurst logo. The sst (super short throw) comes by itself without the other components, but it boasts really quick shifts. My question is, is the competion plus considered a short throw, it has the stops in there, but im not much of an expert, my car has a short throw in it now, but im wanting a new shifter, and i am leaning towards the comp plus for the overall look, so does anyone have any experiences with the comp plus shifter, and will it give me quicker shifts, like say a pro 5.0?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I have a hurst billet plus shifter because I got it for free. I've driven cars with the Steeda tri-ax shifter and an MGW shifter. Bot are much nicer than the hurst shifters MGW being the nicest.

If you realy want the hurst, its no a bad shifter but its definatly not the best out there.

I used to have a Billet plus on my T5. It was a hell of alot better than stock. I would get the SST one.

I never tried a MGW. But my Pro-5.0 with a steeda tri-ax handle is a thing of beauty.

DO NOT GET THE COMPETITION PLUS!!!! The base is cast compared to the billet base's of every other shifter on the market. I had one for 5,000 miles and it wore the socket out of the base and wouldnt shift on my new G-Force. There is a reason why everyone uses Billet Bases instead of the crappy Cast that the Comp PLus comes with!! Easy answer, GET THE BILLET!!!

Well im gonna stick with my pro 5.0 for now and i just ordered the Hurst comp stick kit, which is just the lever, knob, boot, and console plate, cause i dig the look of the Hurst. The info on the kit states its for t5 trans, im assuming they mean with the stock shifter, but someone told me that they had a comp plus shifter kit , but then switched to a pro 5.0 shifter,and kept the lever, knob,boot and console plate from Hurst. Im hoping the lever and other stuff will fit and work well. Anyone have any experience with this?