I did it I sat behind the wheel of an 05

And it wouldn't even be so bad if the seat didn't sit up so high.
I almost feel like I'm sitting in a truck.
It's like sitting in a chair instead of the seat of a sports car.
My '65 feels like I'm sitting on the floor boards compared to my '03.
Not even the '88 I used to have was this bad, and everything about it was boxy feeling.
Jason

• Sponsors (?)

mball said:
By the way...I dont know how people are claiming to see them on the road, one of the Ford reps said there have been only 10-12 built so far.

I seen one about 2 weeks ago, pulling out of work.
I glanced over to my left and it caught my eye right away. Early in the morning with its headlights on. I waited to see it turn down the road from where I work and seen it from the side. "Ohh thats the 05!" I said, talking to no one in my car except me. It was white. can't say anything more than that. Couldn't even hear it since the distance it was away and all the cars driving past. I guess it was heading to the Delphi plan down the street.

Stangnut said:
Once again, it sounds like Ford screwed up.
Don't they get it?
The looks and reputation of the car get people in it,
but once they are there sitting in the seat, they have to like it.
The car has to feel good around you while you're driving it.
It sucks that a cheap Hyundia Tiburon ($21K loaded) has seats that feel 10 times better than a Mustang!

OK. I'm off my soapbox... for now. (flame suit on)

Jason
yeah, flame suit better be on.
the interior is of awesome fit and finish. I haven't seen anything yet that matches the detail for under 30k. the tiburon interior sucks. the plastic is the same cheap texture throughout. and it looks and sounds cheaper then my 88 toyota pickup. the seats are an opinion. I thought the 05 seats were fine except the side bolstering. The Tiburon's were too firm, the leather didn't feel expensive, and the thigh support was weak.
Ford did get and nailed it.

I agree, the interior is great. I especially like the part of the seat that has real leather on it. I love the way it feels. My biggest complaint is the height of the seat. I could even put up with the lack of side bolstering if they would have lowered the seat a couple of inches. IMO, 4 inches from the floor is just too much in that car.
Jason

Stangnut said:
I agree, the interior is great. I especially like the part of the seat that has real leather on it. I love the way it feels. My biggest complaint is the height of the seat. I could even put up with the lack of side bolstering if they would have lowered the seat a couple of inches. IMO, 4 inches from the floor is just too much in that car.
Jason
ah, i see. I re-read your original reply, and it makes more sense. you were complaining about the seats, not the whole interior.
I sit corrected. :D

05-06 Mustang

I have checked with 2 different dealers (different owners,different cities) and they are telling me 9-27. I also read in the latest popular mechanics that the SVT Cobra will be out in mid 05 as an 06 model year. In addition, an article in Motortrend magazine said that the SVT group had the 5.4L 3v engine in a 05 Mustang GT it was working up for the Cobra. Of course Ford is stating that the engine will be detuned so it won't turn the same horses as the GT40.

boone217 said:
I have checked with 2 different dealers (different owners,different cities) and they are telling me 9-27. I also read in the latest popular mechanics that the SVT Cobra will be out in mid 05 as an 06 model year. In addition, an article in Motortrend magazine said that the SVT group had the 5.4L 3v engine in a 05 Mustang GT it was working up for the Cobra. Of course Ford is stating that the engine will be detuned so it won't turn the same horses as the GT40.

Can you (or anyone) scan those articles and post them? I'd really like to read those.

Thanks,
Jason

mball said:
By the way...I dont know how people are claiming to see them on the road, one of the Ford reps said there have been only 10-12 built so far.

Very VERY much NOT TRUE AT ALL!! :bs: x 87438648

I have probably taken pictures of atleast 10 different versions of the 2005 stang. Pre-Production version and leopard/zebra marked mules. And I've seen some other ones that I didn't get a picture of

This Ford "rep" is full of crap.

Ask anyone from southeastern Michigan about this. We see them ALL THE TIME.

Stangnut said:
Can you (or anyone) scan those articles and post them? I'd really like to read those.

Thanks,
Jason

I didn't buy the mags. I grabbed them off the shelf and read them during some downtime at work. The motortrend article was from last month-I couldn't find it are the website and last month's MT is no longer at my pharmacy. The popular mechanics article that mentions the svt production date is on page 96 of the current issue. The only reason why I remember the page is because I called a friend of mine at another pharmacy and told im to take a look also. The article clearly states mid 05 for the SVT stang. I'll have my f150 paid off by September of next year so that's perfect timing.

Got the mags now

Stangnut said:
Thanks.

Anybody have one of these mags?

Jason

I bought the mags and here are your articles. Since I have dial-up i had to crop both articles to stay under the file size limit. I was wrong about the motor trend article. It was actually a Hot Rod article. The enitre Popular Mechanics article can be found in the August 2004 issue. The Hot Rod article can be found in the August 2004 issue.

Attachments

• Pop Mech art.JPG
    Pop Mech art.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 234
  • Hot Rod art.JPG
    Hot Rod art.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 196
OK. Now they've got my hopes up. The way Hot Rod worded it, just saying it would be an '06 could go along with Ford saying it will be a late '06/early '07.
But Popular Mechanics is saying it will actually come out in '05. Making it either a late '05 or an early '06.

I'll let you know what they say if they respond.

Jason

EDIT: Here's the entire Popular Mechanic's article.

I just noticed who wrote the article. Jerry Heasley. While he is probably the most knowledgable guy around for old Mustangs, I'm not sure he's really even into the late model stuff. I read some of his work on the history of the Mustang and there were a lot of obvious mistakes with the late models. The newer the model, the more mistakes there were.

Personally, I'm all "historied out" from reading his other articles at work today. If anyone else feels up to it, read his Pop Mech. article and see what you find.

Jason