I dont know where waldo is

Johns89blu

Aug 8, 2021
Michigan
I have a 89 5.0 with a 88 roller block (88 e7te) roller cam and non- ho firing order question is does anybody know what the motor might have came from? It's not a truck intake manifold and the what looks like to me original 19 lb injectors?( tan ones) it also runs like it's got a cam,pulls great no hesitation what so ever just wondering if I have a frakenmotor, regardless it's put together well just wondering on orgins thanks IN ADVANCE most of ppl on this forum are very helpful

Attachments

• 20210810_171540_capture.jpg
    20210810_171540_capture.jpg
    859.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20210809_204525.jpg
    20210809_204525.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 59
  • Sponsors (?)

I had to get it rebuilt the fuel compositor was leaking
Is that the one next to the flux capacitor?

The a9l won't work right with the non-HO fire order. You could use a chip though... does the a9L have a chip/tune in it?
Did you buy this from a running setup? How were the components acquired?
Might want to do some research on all parts involved, before running the setup...

It was a project I bought that sat in a feild all the work to get it running was by me,and it runs fantastic stong puller fun car,it does buck alittle if your not in the peddle but I think I need to check timing and maybe a vacuum leak but she gets it through 3rd no issues

The a9l is not compatible with the NON-HO fire order. The injectors fire sequentially, and O2's correct fuel metering by bank. The a9l is confused when even small adjustments to the fuel metering are needed. If you force OL all the time, then it may be ok, if everything else is dead on, but still not ideal...

Last edited:
I’m going with Crown Vic too. If it’s running a A9L it must have the HO firing order or have been converted to the HO firing order.
It looks to me like it would be possible to just flip the intake to the proper Mustang orientation instead of re-inventing the wheel to make that configuration work.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm going to get it out of storage tomorrow and take pics of a9l computer and it running very well on non-h.o firing order which is why I was wondering if interceptors ran non h.o with roller cam
The other question is what heads are on it. A HO would have E7 heads while most of the others had the E6 heads.

The heads are the only portion that's really relevant. It's a foregone conclusion that the engine block is not original to the car.

It may even be a case where the block was FUBAR and a used block was used to swap everything over. :shrug:

Let me repeat this it's running a a9l computer I have it wired to non.h.o I tried the h.o way and it runs like :poo:,it run great and hard my question is does anyone know of a 88 roller block with roller cam ,spider ,steel gear that runs non h.o firing order? I've looked everywhere and I know u can get a aftermarket roller cam with non.ho firing order but why would someone go through that trouble? I don't want to change anything on it just looking for insight thank you for all the help !